News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

New rack stand

Started by puttenvr, July 22, 2010, 06:53:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spoenk

Quote from: Baby Samus on July 22, 2010, 02:13:32 PM
I would take that as a compliment Spoenk  :)  - that new bass drum setup might be directly because of your mod!

it wasn't my idea...it was somebody here in this forum i took the idea from ... just don't remember who ...

orly

Manfred

Quote from: spoenk on July 22, 2010, 09:06:11 PM
it wasn't my idea...it was somebody here in this forum i took the idea from ... just don't remember who ...

Or maybe from the german drummerforum? I think there was a description how to modify the kickpad.

fishmonkey

Quote from: Scottie on July 22, 2010, 03:51:35 PM
Hi Everyone

I just wanted to assure you that early adopters will not be forgotten if/when new hardware like the rack is available.
Details are being finalised and we will release more info soon.

Thanks
Scott

nice one!

p929

Doesn't it have the "Optional strut bar" they're talking about at NAMM 2010?

http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,257.0.html,

It was a good idea...mainly if it could hold the kick from its upper part.

puttenvr

As you can see on the pictures: no
But one can always add an extra bar when desired

fishmonkey

Quote from: Baby Samus on July 22, 2010, 02:13:32 PM
The rim system in the pads.  Sure it works, but its just a plastic o-ring with a thin bit of rubber attached and feels flimsy and plasticky when you hit it.  Roland/Yamaha pads both have a stronger and sturdier solution.  The 2Box pads are great, but imagine how good they would be with a proper rim system that you can really dig into...

the rim system really could use improvements.

firstly, the triggering is very uneven around the rim.

secondly, the rim system is manufactured from very lightweight plastic and rubber. i've just dismantled my snare drum to find that the rubber has split and the hard clear plastic inner ring that transmits the hits to the sensor has cracked. i'm not a heavy hitter, and i use quite light sticks (11As). i do love my rimshots though!

roel

Is there any new news about the new rack when it will be available?
and what about the price?

Scottie

Quote from: roel on August 02, 2010, 03:24:16 PM
Is there any new news about the new rack when it will be available?
and what about the price?

Hi roel

I haven't heard anything more news just yet. I will follow it up with 2box today, and see if i can get any extra info for you.

Thanks
Scott

roel

Quote from: Scottie on August 05, 2010, 09:58:26 AM
Hi roel

I haven't heard anything more news just yet. I will follow it up with 2box today, and see if i can get any extra info for you.

Thanks
Scott

ok thank you Scott.

hwasser

Is the kick the exact same as the previous one but without the backpanel or is the mounting and performance improved?

roel

Quote from: hwasser on August 06, 2010, 08:57:25 AM
Is the kick the exact same as the previous one but without the backpanel or is the mounting and performance improved?

Its exact the same kick only the backplate with the 2box logo is gone,and the trigger is moved down.

Daniel

i really hope that one day i will get a mkII kit. i paid 2000 Euros and i am still on the old hihat bracket.  :'(

(actually i was told that i have a pre-serial demo kit)

Scottie

Quote from: Danny on August 09, 2010, 09:02:48 AM
i really hope that one day i will get a mkII kit. i paid 2000 Euros and i am still on the old hihat bracket.  :'(

(actually i was told that i have a pre-serial demo kit)

Hi Danny

Could you tell me who gave you the information that you had a pre-production kit?

Thanks
Scott