News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Splitting inputs to record

Started by Underoath77, October 06, 2015, 01:09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Underoath77

So I have all my toms split and an extra tom , making my inputs the max 15. I was wondering since I have my rims as cymbals, can I assign them to whatever of the 4 outputs I want? Ideally I want Snare,kick,toms,HH, ride,and the remainING 4 split rims (which are crashes ) to be the 6th output. Is this possible?

Any help is appreciated

Jman

Quote from: Underoath77 on October 06, 2015, 01:09:29 AM
So I have all my toms split and an extra tom , making my inputs the max 15. I was wondering since I have my rims as cymbals, can I assign them to whatever of the 4 outputs I want? Ideally I want Snare,kick,toms,HH, ride,and the remainING 4 split rims (which are crashes ) to be the 6th output. Is this possible?

Any help is appreciated
The answer is Yes, and Yes. You can assign the tom head to a different output than the tom rim. And you can group or assign all the instruments you listed to ouputs 1-6. As someone mentioned in another thread. If you are using the other 2 cymbal inputs, I would assign all cymbals except ride to the same output/outputs. I route all my cymbals that are on split rims to the same output destination as my other 2 crashes. And one of my rims is split and assigned to an additional tom, so that one I route to the same outputs as the other toms. There are lots of different options on routing. I would definitely suggest reading in the manual starting at page 54 dealing with output assignment ..... also from page 64 dealing with Signal Flow and Routing Options. Additionally as mentioned before if you really need more ouputs the Headphone out can be assigned as 2 additional direct outs, something I do. Hope it helps, J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/