News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Tom rim sound

Started by Hockeylifer, November 12, 2013, 10:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hockeylifer

Hi folks:

Hope everyone is doing well.  I'm interested in getting a Tom rim sound - similar to the one that comes with our stock toms in the module.  I have a few Toms that I want to add a rim to and I'd love to use the click sound that comes with the module but don't know how to extract the sound from the stock sounds.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  What are other folks using as Tom rims for BFD2 exported toms, for instance, or other VST's where the Tom only contains one articulation?

Thanks in advance! 

Lustar

To assign any sound from another .dsnd to a Tom rim:
- press More + a Tom button on the module
- select a Tom .dsnd that contains the rim sound you'd like to use
- press Down to go to ENV then press the button above Sound to select the zone until you hear the sound you'd like to use.

You can also split the .dsnd that contains the click sound with DSoundTool to get the .wav files for the click (File, Split), then split a tom with DSoundTool and build a new Tom with the head and click sounds (Dsnd, Generate, Tom, Input: many wav files)

Hockeylifer

Damn -  that is exactly what I was looking for!!  Perfect!  I searched the forum and did not find this answer before - so I either didn't search well enough or this was never asked! 

Luster for President!