News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

HiHat - Just open/closed possible???

Started by Funkstation777, February 28, 2011, 08:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funkstation777

Hi People out there,

I have a problem with the hihat of the 2box. After playing the set for quite a while, I noticed, that I wasn't
able to get a "semi-open" Hihat Sound out of the set. After several new-calibrations and sound-testing - I
didn't find any way to get it. ??? ???

Although this is for me a very important thing, cause I really do much HiHat-work with the Hihat semi open -
my question is - does anybody know how to get it???

And - as an alternative - does anybody know a Hihat-system (preferable working with the 2box-brain) that
can do this, if the 2box Hihat is just able to give a Closed and a wide open Hihat???

Any advices are welcome!

Thanx a lot,

Funkstation777  ???

Louis

Are you sure you have OS 1.10 installed?

Initially (OS version 0.37) there were problems with the hihat, because the distance between closed and fully open was fixed and quite small, so it was difficult to get a consistent half-open sound.

But in the latest OS these problems have been solved. The built-in hihat sounds have 2 half-open levels (besides fully open and fully closed) and they work fine for me and I believe for most other people here. I mostly use a hihat with 4 different half-open levels from Superior Drummer, that gives an even better feel, but the difference is not that big.

If you use OS 1.10 already, try to calibrate with the biggest distance you can (that is still accepted by the module) between fully open and fully closed and check if the half open sounds pop up.

Funkstation777

Hi,
after practicing a while and retrying to calibrate the hihat several times I came to the conclusion, that there must be something wrong with the hihat machine.

I followed your suggestion and tried to calibrate with the widest distance acceptable. On the display I could see
the "inbetween"-position - but - there was just a extremely small "sweet spot" where I could hear this.

I'm starting to be desparated, I've seen so many vids with drummers getting finest in-between hihat work , but -
it's not working.

Is there a way to see if the trigger is set up incorrect???
Please help !!!  ??? ???