Can anyone fix this for me? will pay for shippinhg and repair costs etc

Started by redstar299, November 28, 2011, 04:07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jman

Quote from: Dänoh on December 31, 2013, 07:26:36 PM

So the floating rim is the black part of the drum, correct? ...Is it made from aluminum too?
You can see the rim from about 1:15 on in that Stress test video. From the underside you see 3 rubber ring attachments. Those are actually O-rings that attach the rim to the metal casing. The pads in the video are the first style. In the later pads there are 5 points of connection and O-Rings. At the very end of the video you see the actual plastic interior part of the rim. So that rim assembly would be a nice "spare part" to have around IMO.  J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Dänoh

Everything's is a bit clearer now - thanks Jerry!
What seemed to confuse me, was that the floating rim-, as well as the underside of the shells are both black!

All the time while you were refering to the floating rim, *I* was thinking  about the black shell-underside...  ;D   ...but I got it, eventually!  :)

fishmonkey

that exploded diagram looks like the first MK I revision, where the rim trigger hoop was actually made from aluminium. however because of the design, they were prone to cracking, and plastic is now used instead.