News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Poor Quality Drums

Started by CanoeWorkshop, September 23, 2012, 12:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanoeWorkshop

I have owned a 2Box kit now for almost a year. Had them set up in the same place never touched the hardware set-up, never linked it to a pc etc etc. I have played them regularly, maybe a half hour every day.

I needed to tighten a few things up on the rack so dismantled everything.  First I stripped a thread on a hex screw (didn't tighten it too much just a reasonable amount to stop wobble). Then the plastic and rubber rims just fell off the snare drum. I looked to see what the issue was an am amazed to see how tiny little rubber loops are meant to hold anything in place for long.

I have no complaints with the sound of the module, it is fantastic. The cymbals are good but the ride drops in and out as you play which is crap. Maybe I need to fiddle some more with the parameters.  Also the hi-hat needs a washer or two if you want to use a descent stand of your own, no biggie.

Little niggles - I don't think so. I will be selling my kit and moving over to either Jobeky or Diamond not sure which. I want to gig my electronic drums now and these just won't stand up to the abuse.

Anyone you wants to buy a standard kit plus an extra tom and extra cymbal please get in touch. All items will be as new with boxes as will get a new snare and bracket. All still with stickers on pads even.

10keven

I have a Jobeky kit.. Its a completely different feeling than playing behind the small thin drums you play whether your behind a 2Box kit or a V Drum kit.. Just very little stage presence when your on stage.. With a Jobeky or Diamond Drums kit You really feel as if your playing an real acoustic kit..  Go for it !!

I would say that the pickups inside the Diamond Drums are slightly better than the ones in a standard Jobeky Stealth.. Me and Dave at Diamond were talking about the lack of "ghosting" ability on my Jobeky kit and im considering taking the pickups out of the Jobeky and replacing them with a Diamond pick up..

Whatever manufacturer you go for.. Have fun.. youll love gigging with them.. In fact, when I play my drums at church, It take me less time to set them up than the guitarist  :-)

As a gigging tip, get a small portable mixer at some point in the future.. I have a little 8 channel Yamaha with basic EQ  and separate outs on the the 2box .. it gives you a little more control on the sound going to the FOH..

Kev

jobeky

Hi Kev,

Im glad you are enjoying your Jobeky kit and yes it's a much better experience playing electronic acoustic on stage.

How long have you had the kit kev ?? i've made some small alterations to the foam i was using since the 2box was released which work superb with the Roland and 2box !! it may still be under its warranty, just swing by my workshop of give me a call and i will upgrade them for free no problem :-) i also supply 3 ply heads now which have a much better feel from the normal 2ply.

regards Colin.