News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

The Myth Is REAL!!!

Started by mcrackins, March 18, 2014, 03:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcrackins

I finally got my kit today!

Thanks to Scott from Cymbalism for hooking me up and getting it expedited. :animal:
If you were counting from my original order I cancelled a few weeks ago, that was a wait of 9 months and 14 days. I ordered from Cymbalism 2 weeks ago.

I haven't played it yet. I'm still setting it up. I'm a bit leery about the kick screws for the mounting plate. They seem extremely tight....so I was holding off on that until the end to after getting feedback from Scott. Anybody else notice the kick plate screws were really tight?

I can't believe they are finally here...so stoked to start learning the ins and outs.

These are the screws for the kick bracket. The screws for the module didn't tight all the way up. I had to put a washer in between the module back plate and the lugs. I wonder if this is a metric/imperial issue? Metric on the 2box drums parts and imperial on the bracket screws?

digitalDrummer

Congrats.
Not that it's any consolation, but I just heard from the Canadian distributor that stock should be arriving in six weeks' time.

fulrmr

CONGRATS!!! Have Fun! Cymbalism has great customer service and very quick shipping.

I gave up on the screws and just use heavy duty industrial Velcro for all my modules. Works great!

dtothaizzlej

I just got mine from Cymbalism too. I too had issues with some of the bolts seeming too tight but I just powered through and they went in fine after a certain point. Scott hooked me up with fast shipping too. I'll be going back to him for sure when I can convince the wife to let me drop more money on cymbals and maybe more toms.  :) I'm currently having an issue with my hi hat pad but Scott and 2Box are getting sorted out. I'm just glad that these drums are finally here so I can thrash away while the kids are in bed.  :rock:

dtothaizzlej

I just received a call from Thomas at Hoshino. I will be getting a replacement pad in the mail tomorrow or the next day. That's customer service at it's best. I gotta say a big thanks to Scott Hutton and Hoshino for standing behind their products.

mcrackins

Quote from: dtothaizzlej on March 19, 2014, 06:20:32 PM
I too had issues with some of the bolts seeming too tight but I just powered through and they went in fine after a certain point.

Thanks so much!....I emailed 2box today and they said that it's probably the paint in the threads causing the resistance. They told me to screw in and out a few times at the top and then power through. Once I saw your post I went for it and got them in. Thank god I had some heavy duty L keys as no way in hell I would have got it in with the provided key. Those bottom screws in particular were a pain. Yes Scott and has been great. Very impressed with the service.

Off to get this puppy set up...and thanks again  :rock:

cymbalism

Quote from: mcrackins on March 20, 2014, 01:33:48 AM
Thanks so much!....I emailed 2box today and they said that it's probably the paint in the threads causing the resistance. They told me to screw in and out a few times at the top and then power through. Once I saw your post I went for it and got them in. Thank god I had some heavy duty L keys as no way in hell I would have got it in with the provided key. Those bottom screws in particular were a pain. Yes Scott and has been great. Very impressed with the service.

Off to get this puppy set up...and thanks again  :rock:
Yes I guess the bolt issue is happening sporadically. I heard from Hosihino today and they said 2Box just now alerted them of possible paint build up in the threads. The solution? You got it just power the bolt and that solves it.