News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Newb Help Required - Cymbal Issue

Started by rosscoe, December 25, 2014, 08:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosscoe

Hi

I cannot get the cymbals to work correctly for the life of me. I've read the numerous articles on the forums surrounding cymbal settings and, I can't seem to resolve it.

Both cymbals are not working as they should. For example there is no response on the edge of both Cymbals, the head unit does not even register I am hitting it with the stick. I tried different leads on both cymbals which seemed to make a slight difference as some hits are registered now on the head unit. I can hear a very faint noise when it does actually register that I hit the outer part of the cymbal. The centre part of the cymbal registers fine, but does not play a bell sound, it's always a crash noise. Same on all kit samples. I've turned the cymbal volume up too which makes it horrific when you try to play the cymbal as a ride.

It's almost like not all zones are working. Any help would be so welcome! Idiot guide is best in case i'm doing something really dumb

The rest of the kit is amazing and working ace. Thanks Guys

Jman

From your previous posts it looks like this is a new MK2 kit right? If it is it should be 99% plug n play right from the box. Check that your Ride and Crash cymbals are set to Cym14 type (which is what they should be set as from factory). Dial through a number of kits because all the crashes do not have 3 zones as far as sounds go. Kits 1, 9, and 20 do have 3 zones on all 3 cymbal inputs.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/