News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Drum Kick stop working

Started by slowmotion, January 28, 2010, 12:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slowmotion

Hello,
My drum kick stopped working completely. I opened it and I noticed that one of the conducters to the sensor was disconnected.
How should I proceed? the sensor seems to be very fragile.  I think weld is enough, but i do it or sent back to the store?
Thanks
sLmT

UC

Hey sLmT, sorry to hear that :(

I would definitely say take it back to the shop to get fixed - you don't want to invalidate up your warranty and then not be able to get it fixed for free - what country are you in?

hope it gets sorted soon
Tom

slowmotion

I´m from Portugal, and i bought the kit from a store in UK...
I only received my kit two days ago...

alainV

Quote from: slowmotion on January 28, 2010, 02:12:42 PM
I´m from Portugal, and i bought the kit from a store in UK...
I only received my kit two days ago...

but... when did you order it?

slowmotion

Hi,
on 15/01/2010
I sent an email to the store yesterday, but no answer so far..

Scottie

Hi slowmotion

I have sent you a PM about this issue.

Thanks
Scott

alainV

so you got it in 13 days?

wow very fast....

I have waited mine for 5 months....

slowmotion

Hi,
yes, it was fast. But i was waiting for a year and a half to buy. rather wait and not have this problem ...
I think I'll try to fix it today.
sLmT

slowmotion

the other conducter is broken too...very very thin cables...

viina

I had same problem with my hi-hat. I soldered it myself. no problem after that works properly

slowmotion

Hi,
and there is no specific place in the sensor for solder? on the edge? in middle?

slowmotion

state of kick
any help?

Scottie

Quote from: slowmotion on February 02, 2010, 11:48:00 PM
state of kick
any help?

Hi slowmotion

I wouldn't try to repair this kick anymore. I will send you another PM so we can get this sorted out for you.

Thanks
Scott

slowmotion

Hi guys,

finally a happy ending for my kick. Thanks to Scott and Hand in Hand Distribution.

:drum2:

macleod

I had the same issue with my kick. I sent it back to the store and they sent it to distributor in Czech Republic. The response was that they tested it and it was OK  :-[ and they advised to check setting on the module. So I went to pick it up to the store and I brought the module and my other kick to compare and guess what -the first kick still didn't work. So I asked the guy to look at it even though it would probably void the warranty. And he just soldered the wires back and kick works fine now.