News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

New Module.

Started by fulrmr, July 02, 2013, 11:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulrmr

So....I basically got the first module sold in the US today(probly N.America) after the distribution deal was cut...and scored it 2 months before it will actually be released.(Late Aug. is the last projected date from Hoshino...just this past week) A few things I noticed right away were.....one...the LED screen lights up a brighter orange than my older module which is yellow in comparison....and second.... that the back and bottom have a black rubber coating rather than the flat black powder coating of the first.

Jman

OOOH..... shiny new toy ;D
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

fulrmr

Quote from: Jman on July 03, 2013, 01:21:05 AM
OOOH..... shiny new toy ;D

hehehe...yep....it will be as soon as Turn the it into chrome like I did the first.  ;)  ;D That will happen  at the same time I pull it apart to do the card mod. :)

Hey..I noticed something else. As I've never had the stock mount...what size are bolts to mount it with? I modified a couple of APC-33 plates for mounting. The first module I was able to use the short standard(or maybe they were metric) drum "set bolts" like those used on kick pedals for beaters...extension drive shafts...etc. The new module bolt holes are much smaller. 1/4" was too large....12mm work but are a bit sloppy. I used some Blue Loctite and some lock washers to make sure they stayed put. But bthey are not exactly the correct size.

Jman

Quote from: fulrmr on July 03, 2013, 01:41:55 AM
hehehe...yep....it will be as soon as Turn the it into chrome like I did the first.  ;)  ;D That will happen  at the same time I pull it apart to do the card mod. :)

Hey..I noticed something else. As I've never had the stock mount...what size are bolts to mount it with? I modified a couple of APC-33 plates for mounting. The first module I was able to use the short standard(or maybe they were metric) drum "set bolts" like those used on kick pedals for beaters...extension drive shafts...etc. The new module bolt holes are much smaller. 1/4" was too large....12mm work but are a bit sloppy. I used some Blue Loctite and some lock washers to make sure they stayed put. But bthey are not exactly the correct size.
I don't think you meant 12MM that is a lot bigger than 1/4" .... I think M6 is the thread/diameter. 6 mm

I doubt they would change that, but maybe.

fulrmr

Quote from: Jman on July 03, 2013, 02:11:11 AM
I don't think you meant 12MM that is a lot bigger than 1/4" .... I think M6 is the thread/diameter. 6 mm

I doubt they would change that, but maybe.

hmmm....12 is what I bought...the 6 was much to small. Now I'm really confused. I guess it really doesn't matter though...what I have works. ;)

Jman

Quote from: fulrmr on July 03, 2013, 02:50:27 AM
hmmm....12 is what I bought...the 6 was much to small. Now I'm really confused. I guess it really doesn't matter though...what I have works. ;)
12MM is just under 1/2" ..... you are probably talking about a No. 12 machine screw ... dif animal. #12 machine screw is just under 1/4". So if you try an M6 size metric that may do it for you.

fulrmr

Quote from: Jman on July 03, 2013, 03:15:42 AM
12MM is just under 1/2" ..... you are probably talking about a No. 12 machine screw ... dif animal. #12 machine screw is just under 1/4". So if you try an M6 size metric that may do it for you.

Ahhh...Thanks. :) I always get that mess mixed up. I just look at the number and know that if it ain't a "fraction"...it's metric. ;)

Renegator

Quote from: fulrmr on July 02, 2013, 11:46:49 PM
So....I basically got the first module sold in the US today(probly N.America) after the distribution deal was cut...and scored it 2 months before it will actually be released.(Late Aug. is the last projected date from Hoshino...just this past week) A few things I noticed right away were.....one...the LED screen lights up a brighter orange than my older module which is yellow in comparison....and second.... that the back and bottom have a black rubber coating rather than the flat black powder coating of the first.

Hunh?  You got the new module? Who did you get it from?

fulrmr

Quote from: Renegator on July 03, 2013, 01:41:22 PM
Hunh?  You got the new module? Who did you get it from?

I lucked out and got the module being passed around from 2Box to Cymbalism's rep at Hoshino US for a "look see" at . The rest will not ship until late Aug.

PumaPhreak

Who's gonna have the best street price in the States when these are finally available?

Murgen

Can you post some pics from that new module?
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

fulrmr

Quote from: Murgen on July 03, 2013, 08:24:45 PM
Can you post some pics from that new module?

I tried to post pics here before but to no avail. Frustrating to say the least. I have  no idea why you can't just upload a pic from your pc and have it post properly like in "other" forums. I don't even see an attachment button anywhere to just attach it them a post.

Anyway....The modules look exactly the same...even the rubber coating on the back and bottom was not noticeable until I touched it....and as I said before....the LED just  lights up with a more orange color than my older one.

Quote from: PumaPhreak on July 03, 2013, 05:47:25 PM
Who's gonna have the best street price in the States when these are finally available?

I don't know Scott at Cybalism said that the kits will probly have a really good mark down..especially when they first come out...but they don't have much mark up on the  modules so they will probly be what they ahve them for on the site at at the moment. I don't see GC or MF having extremely  low prices...but should  RMC start carrying these.....their prices are almost always less that everywhere else.

Renegator

Quote from: fulrmr on July 03, 2013, 04:55:46 PM
I lucked out and got the module being passed around from 2Box to Cymbalism's rep at Hoshino US for a "look see" at . The rest will not ship until late Aug.

Nice. Right time, right place...

digitalDrummer

Dan, does your module have new Tama kits in the sound bank?

fulrmr

Quote from: digitalDrummer on July 04, 2013, 10:07:29 PM
Dan, does your module have new Tama kits in the sound bank?

Nope...and it had 1.24 firmware. This module was basically just something that got passed around at  the boardroom table and looked at to be approved for distribution...never even got plugged in from what I understand.