News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Problem calibrating hihat

Started by funkjedi, March 01, 2011, 01:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

funkjedi

I just got my kit today. The whole thing is setup and working great with the exception of the hihat. I've attempted numerous times to calibrate the hihat. Every time it just says NoChg. Anyone heard of this problem before? or have any ideas of things I can try to get it to work?

nonoduweb

Hi

You must have the OS 1.10 installed.

Perhaps that you have done that before, but:

Go to the menu KIT, down to PREF, and press the button HIHAT (up right button) to start the procedure.
Position the hihat in closed position, press on HIHAT
Position the hihat in opened position, press on HIHAT
If all is ok, the OS displays Done. If Nochg is posted, it's because there is not enough difference between the opened and closed position.

funkjedi

I've tried calibrating it with as much as a 1 foot difference and it still says NoChg. I'm starting to get a sinking feeling that I got a dud.

nonoduweb

It seems that your module doesn't recognize opened and closed states.

Did you install the magnet under the hi-hat?

Slap the drummer

Maybe a stupid question - but are you cancelling the existing calibration before you re-calibrate?
Somewhere on that screen there is the command to do this, can't remember what it's called exactly.

Louis

Quote from: funkjedi on March 01, 2011, 01:21:46 PM
I've tried calibrating it with as much as a 1 foot difference and it still says NoChg. I'm starting to get a sinking feeling that I got a dud.

There is a maximum difference between fully closed and fully open; if the distance is bigger than that you get this message.
1 foot is way too much. Have you tried with 1 centimeter (I mean 0.4 inch ;))?

funkjedi

I've tried calibrating it using every possible combination of open/closed distances. No joy. I'm assuming the magnet you guys are referring to is this thing. Is is possible that it has become demagnetized? Reason I ask is because a paper clip won't even stick to it.

nonoduweb

The magnet is under the green rubber, but it's not the grey part.

You have to put the paper clip in the hole. On mine, it sticks.

funkjedi

I tested with the paper clip and the inside is magnetic. So that's not it.

Scottie

Quote from: funkjedi on March 03, 2011, 02:09:06 AM
I tested with the paper clip and the inside is magnetic. So that's not it.

Hi funkjedi

When calibrating the hihat, does the unit register that he pad is there at all?

Thanks
Scott

funkjedi

Ya it sees it you just can't close it. It's always open. I have it set to a tambourine at the moment so I can at least practice.