News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

NAMM 2014 .... what color were those 2Box drums?

Started by Jman, January 25, 2014, 01:39:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemiboy

The hell with it Danoh, you have done enough. You had to have posted 20 different combos, right?  Let's leave something up to our imaginations! Appreciate what you were able to put together! Because I dont have any rtech skills, I am throwing around suggestions with no idea what it takes to get the job done. My Dad and brothers always said I made a better foreman than a worker. lol!

edtc

hemiboy

I don't know about great, but , different, absolutely! I guess it could grow on you, but so could lesions.lol. To each his own!

Dänoh

Here's an attempt to do a finish by Diamond-Drums:

'Wine Shimmer'

hemiboy

This Danoh Music Store can't get anything right! I distinctly remember ordering my wine shimmer kit with a chrome snare. Sometimes you just can't get good customer service, LOL!  Danoh, all kidding aside, that's the color, bro,  I kept calling dark wine! You nailed it! Thanks again!

Dänoh

Black...?   Or Chrome...?

How about: 'Black Chrome'...?

8)

Dänoh

Quote from: hemiboy on February 13, 2014, 12:51:38 AM
This Danoh Music Store can't get anything right! I distinctly remember ordering my wine shimmer kit with a chrome snare. Sometimes you just can't get good customer service, LOL!  Danoh, all kidding aside, that's the color, bro,  I kept calling dark wine! You nailed it! Thanks again!

We offer a 24-hour 'Product Return Guarantee',  ...but a 'Half Refunds Only' policy, though...  8)

Dänoh

hemiboy

Nice Danoh, what do you think of that? If your not a fan of dark burgundy, what do you like? I definitely like the chrome snare or the more I look the brushed aluminum better,  combined with the other color pads. If I had a good buddy on this  forum, I would probably ask him for one last shot with the wine shimmer with the brushed aluminum snare instead of the chrome, but only if he was a buddy!

Dänoh

Not to bad!

What finish do I like? Hard question....really!
I wouldn't know how to sum it up in one word...

I like a nice natural finish, like on the lower-end Yamaha Stage Customs or the Pearl Visions (...the 'Natural Birch').

I also like Recording Customs in 'Cherry Wood'. There were RC's in Yellow, Blue, White - and while they all looked nice in Yamaha's catalogs, it was the Cherry-color that really became a classic, a standard, or an aquainted taste - a color that I've associated with RC's for the last 25+ years.

I absolutely *love* a nice wrap!
The older wrap-finishes on the lower-end Pearl kits - 'Ferrari Red', 'Pacific Blue', 'Charcoal', 'Mirror Chrome' (...and later 'Stainless Steel') - got me *drooling* in my youth!!! They do look a bit 'bland' by today's standards, though.

Tama never really did it for me, as far as 'Japanese'-finishes (or rather: companies) go...
As soon as they started with all the 'Fades' and the 'Bursts', they had me lost...

Later I discovered an interest in classic 'American' finishes  ...mostly after I found out that Pearls 'Strata Black' finish is actually a 'blue Ringo finish', akin to Ludwig ...and the Visions' 'Champagne Sparkle' was a finish originally done by Gretsch!

I'm a sucker for 'Sky Blue Pearl', 'Black Diamond Pearl' or any kind of Oysters. Also Ludwig's 'Psychodelic' wraps - namely the 'Citrus Mod' and 'Mod Orange' finishes!

They're groovy.... 8)

So you see, if I had to sum it up in one word, I'd say I like 'nostalgic' finishes. I can't be bothered with 'modern' finishes...  :o ::)

(okay.... what was that with the 'Worms' and the 'Cans' again...?)

HTH

Dänoh

Quote from: hemiboy on February 13, 2014, 02:16:41 AM
If I had a good buddy on this  forum, I would probably ask him for one last shot with the wine shimmer with the brushed aluminum snare instead of the chrome, but only if he was a buddy!

Yeah, why not!  8) Like so?

hemiboy

Yeah that was a misprint on my former post! It was supposed to say, Boy, that Danoh Music Store never fails to deliver. Finally my Wine Shimmer with stainless snare and module is in stock and it is beautiful You're the man, Danoh! Thanks!

Dänoh

Still here...

Had a blast doing a re-color in two classic Rogers wraps!

'Blue-White Onyx':

...and 'Blue Onyx':

Fenda

Has anyone actually painted their 2box kits? I'm thinking of spray painting the rims black.

hemiboy

Some guys have, and  I would think it would be no big deal to take them apart ,rough them up with a little emery or sandpaper. Prime them and spray them . One guy here had a friend in the auto body business do his