News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

hit hat intense false triggerring

Started by mottbrice, March 11, 2016, 07:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mottbrice

Hey guys!
Brice from Belgium here.

I just received my new 2box hi hat after a 5 months wait!
So i pluged it in my 2box module and did the calibrating.
Everything worked smoothly until it started triggering continuously without any reason (i wasn't even hitting it at that time).
I stopped the module, changed the cables, re-did the calibrating.. Nothing worked.
Any ideas? Is the hi hat already broken after 10 minutes of playing?

Thanks guys

Jman

Quote from: mottbrice on March 11, 2016, 07:11:25 PM
Hey guys!
Brice from Belgium here.

I just received my new 2box hi hat after a 5 months wait!
So i pluged it in my 2box module and did the calibrating.
Everything worked smoothly until it started triggering continuously without any reason (i wasn't even hitting it at that time).
I stopped the module, changed the cables, re-did the calibrating.. Nothing worked.
Any ideas? Is the hi hat already broken after 10 minutes of playing?

Thanks guys
First thing to check is the Gain and Threshold setting of the Hi Hat. Default 2Box setting is Gain 6, Threshold -36. Also check the Gain and Threshold on the rest of the pads and cymbals. I have seen that happen once or twice if there is a Gain setting of say 14 or more on one or more of the pads, cymbals or HH.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

mottbrice

Hey Jman, thanks a lot for the fast answer!
So i checked the gain of everything and nothing goes over 8. So that's not it.

This morning when i plugged it back, it worked for 5 min then it started behaving chaotically once more.
I thought maybe it was one of the cable entrances so i played with them and if i put the HH cable into the cymbal entrane, it works fine and if i put the cymbal cable into the HH it works fine as well so it's definitly not a connection problem.

There is sthing i noticed tho when unpacking, the bottom part of the HH (the barrel shaped receiver) is damaged. It looks like it fell or something because there is a hit on it and the painting is falling off.
Could it be it?