News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

black rim problem?

Started by Evy, July 27, 2010, 06:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evy

I digress...yes they are important if you want to trigger a completely different sound!! :D  However, how about a pad where the second trigger point is on the top of the rim so you don't hit it at the bottom?  Just trying to think outside the 2box!

puttenvr

I want it always at the bottom for rim shots which are quite difficult to position at the top of a pad  :-\

fishmonkey

what i really miss with the 2Box kit is being able to play cross-stick (rim clicks) and rim shots on the same drum...

puttenvr

Yep!

But how do the other companies fix this? I remember that you had to place the full drum stick (with both sides) on the rim of Roland pads for playing a click. Very unnatural.
Or: was it necessary to assign different samples to the Roland snarepad, also?
Can't remember exactly

Evy

I used to have a TD9KX and I don't recall the snare rim cross-stick working particularily well.  I've never played an ekit that did that with any sense of realism.  It's just something I avoid when playing ekits. I asked Insider if they are changing the black rims with something else(no response yet)?  Anybody know? Whatever shortfalls 2Box has, I'm happily mesmerized by the quality of the sounds and feel of the pads.  I still can't believe I paid so little compared to a TD20.  Looking forwar to doing some recording...summer holiday first tho. :D  Have a great week y'all.