News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Separate close and room mics

Started by espen, November 08, 2014, 07:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

espen

Hi,
I remember the topic where one member (don't remember the nick) separate close and room mic samples by using two triggers in one drum pad. I just thought that could this be possible with only one trigger using y-cables. For example from snare you could attach one TS to 2TS cable to snare head input and other to snare rim (with y-cable) or tom rim. Obviously you lose the rim trigger of the pad when doing this.

Other thing is that can this be done in software wise? I mean can I render close mic and room mic samples from a VST instrument AND get 2Box playing the corresponding samples at the same hit? Lustar?

I usually do my vst drum sounds with headphones and as many of you know there really is difference when playing them through speakers or headphones. I think the ability to separately adjust close and room mics is very useful for users who play in different venues. I don't have that situation currently because I don't even have an access to my e-kit as it's in a differnet country than me.:'(  Anyway,  I hope I soon have the need again.

If someone is interested to try and inform from the findings I appreciate.