News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

What are the best things about the 2box?

Started by signature, April 10, 2010, 08:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

puttenvr

Put the female singer with her botton in front of the kick
Problem solved

Dagger

fishmonkey

haha, but if you asked the rest of the band, they might suggest the drummer's head instead...

fishmonkey

Quote from: nonoduweb on April 15, 2010, 12:32:38 PM
Hi

you can use the original snare stand (with its clamp) to maintain the bass drum.

(in another way, it can be used to hold musical scores)

hey, great idea!

i don't have any problem with triggering using the original snare stand, but the pole is too short for me to get the snare in the right position. your idea gives me some extra incentive to buy a separate snare stand.

hwasser

Omg, the snarestand-solution looks great, will test if that improves my issue. Also a beatersock!

signature

Great solution!

I havent bought the kit yet, but the movement in the kick causing double triggering was something I spotted when i tested the kit in the store. I was thinking of bracing the kick drum some how, but obviously had not worked out how! Since I was always planning to supplement the snare stand, here is a simple solution!

Well done!

hwasser

Quote from: hwasser on April 15, 2010, 01:41:15 PM
Omg, the snarestand-solution looks great, will test if that improves my issue. Also a beatersock!

Didn't help. Yeah it helped the kickdrum stop bounce the 2-3mm it did before, but that doesn't seem to be my problem. I taped some foam in the front of the beater however, and that made the job! With some foam I really had to try hard to doubbletriggr to make it happen!  :rock:

nonoduweb

Quote from: hwasser on April 16, 2010, 06:38:56 AM
Didn't help. Yeah it helped the kickdrum stop bounce the 2-3mm it did before, but that doesn't seem to be my problem. I taped some foam in the front of the beater however, and that made the job! With some foam I really had to try hard to doubbletriggr to make it happen!  :rock:

Yes, I think it can't stop double triggering on the kick drum, it just stops movement.

viina

Quote from: hwasser on April 16, 2010, 06:38:56 AM

how thick or thin that foam is?

Calimero

Quote from: puttenvr on April 13, 2010, 03:09:14 PM
That would skip all edit functions and leave no room for an open system

with these pictures of DYI methodes from users so that they can avoid some issues,you just cant hold up that is it set up wrong by the shop or whomever.
Its good and fun to see the creativity,but lest face it,these pictures arent very flattering and certainly not a good advertisment for 2box.

Baby Samus

Quote from: Calimero on April 16, 2010, 01:23:55 PM
with these pictures of DYI methodes from users so that they can avoid some issues,you just cant hold up that is it set up wrong by the shop or whomever.
Its good and fun to see the creativity,but lest face it,these pictures arent very flattering and certainly not a good advertisment for 2box.

How can it be 2Box when my kit is working fine with none of these issues?  If you look at some of the comments some users are making, they are setting their gain at +18 and things like that - clearly some users just don't know how to correctly setup the module.

I'm not using any mods.  Yet my kit is solid and works perfectly.  As Manfred says, maybe I got a lucky kit, but I doubt it.  I'm more likely to believe that its a combination of several things.

For instance for many new buyers it will be their first e-kit.  If they have no experience setting them up, they will surely run into problems.  You need a bit of experience and help if thats the case.  Some users will almost certainly not have the kit set up correctly in the module, some the rack will not be set up correctly, for some maybe there are a few faulty stereo leads that need replaced.  This can also cause double triggers.  Perhaps the heads are not at the optimum tension. or the software needs to be re-loaded.  Maybe a pad or the mofdule is faulty?

All I am saying is, before you go blaming 2Box for all these problems, you have to take into account that many of these issues will be user error, faulty cables, wrong setup etc.  Many of these guys may not even have used an e-kit and just don't know where to start - of course they will have issues.

fishmonkey

i'm sure some people's problems are setup issues, but there is no doubt that there are triggering issues with at least some kits, which may well be due to manufacturing variances. i'm sure the original 2Box design was solid, i mean those guys know what they are doing, but maybe they didn't count on mass production tolerances throwing things out.

for sure the widespread cymbal triggering problems have been acknowledged by 2Box.

Baby Samus

Quote from: fishmonkey on April 16, 2010, 02:51:36 PM
i'm sure some people's problems are setup issues, but there is no doubt that there are triggering issues with at least some kits, which may well be due to manufacturing variances. i'm sure the original 2Box design was solid, i mean those guys know what they are doing, but maybe they didn't count on mass production tolerances throwing things out.

for sure the widespread cymbal triggering problems have been acknowledged by 2Box.

Yep I agree and this will probably improve as the manufacturing process is refined.  Its just another reason why maybe some have issues and others don't.  As for the cymbal triggering, lets wait for the update (which we all know is coming) and see if that solves our issues.