News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Two for One: favorite 2Box kit and favorite add kit

Started by Hockeylifer, November 17, 2013, 03:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hockeylifer

Hey all:

I just figured I'd ask this question as it hasn't been asked in a while and I'm sure it can be useful to new members of this community.  Besides, with DSoundTool and SDSE our ability to add new kits from VST's and/or from recording our own acoustic sets has really taken the module to new heights.  Honestly, this module has lived up to its billing.

Anyway, with all that said ... what is your favorite 2Box stock kit and what is your favorite add-on kit?  Feel free to explain why and/or to provide geeky answers such as settings you use or whatever.  The more we share the more we higher the potential that we all benefit. 

I'll start with:

2Box stock:  Kit 3 minnemann - love the sounds of this one -- it's sounds blend well with the tracks I play on my iPhone.  No adjustments made to the settings.  Great out of the box.  (Great job, Bengt!)

Add-on:  BFD2's Orange County kit with no presets.  Just the raw sounds.  The snare has just the right amount of overtones as the initial attack is full and present.  I recorded a song and sent it to my brother and he totally thought it was my acoustic set the sounds were so spot on.

I'm sure these two will change as I get more comfortable with BFD2's mixer functionality and the subtleties of the 2Box's available parameters.

Any others?

Greg the groove

My fav stock kit is #1 Live kit with the Nasvall snare.

Fav VST kit right now is a toss up between Gretsch blonde maple or Ludwig Psychdelic Red kit from SDX Evil Drums library. Both with Zildjian A & K cymbals set.

I'm messing around with some DW Collectors kits that sound sweet as well from AD

Hockeylifer

Hey Greg:

My favorite kit when I first got the 2Box was kit# 1.  Nice!  I don't have Evil Drums but from what I've read and samples I've heard -- great stuff!!

I have a side question for you...are you also on the VDrums forum?  If so, I thought you were a Roland guy -- which is totally fine ... either way its good to see you here!  If that is you - I think you'll end up loving the 2Box.  It will grow on you big-time!! 

Greg the groove

Yea I have a TD30 also but really wanted to try the VST sounds on the 2box and I absolutely love it!

I've played the Roland TD30 live out at gigs and it's sounded great and people have really loved it. So it's not that I completely don't like my Td30, I really think its a great machine. The VST sounds are where it's at though and I'm so completely impressed so far!

Hockeylifer

Hey Greg:

I hear you.  I think the TD-30 and what Roland has is very impressive.  My whole context of playing electronic drums stems from being an acoustic player originally -- so I am in the camp that I want my ekit to sound as close as possible to an a-kit.  And that is why 2Box does it for me.  The ability to import VST sounds into the module is game-changing.

Although -- I just did see the Mandala drums.  Has anyone else seen these?  Holy Cow!!