News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Apartment noise

Started by soultone, September 16, 2010, 04:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soultone

Hi everyone! just want to check in and say hello....my kit should arrive any day now and i'm like a kid at christmas! cant wait haha!...i have a gibraltar rack and snare, hihat and cymbal booms all set up ready, just need the final magic ingredient . One thing is niggling me though...its probably been discussed here before , but as i live in a ground floor apartment with neighbours either side,..are these mesh heads and the cymbals likely to be overly loud? i will try to play during the day, but i dont want to have to worry all the time about playing soft or even silly soundproofing methods in what is a rented place! been there , done that! one video on youtube shows a guy playing the kit and from what i saw it looked as noisy as the old rubber pads...scary! i still cant wait to dig into the 2box..i will cross these bridges as and when! cheers all and hello again

puttenvr

Nope
Only the bassdrum pad will make some noise, but if you get the new one without frontplate even that will not be a problem
Otherwise: place the drumkit on a square wooden floor with tennis balls below it

Manfred

Hi,

don't worry about the noise of the snare and the toms. With the current setup the kick drum is loud but can be tweaked as described in this forum. As puttenvr already said the kick should be less noisy if you get the new version of the kit. The cymbals and hihat are not really quite but i live also in a rented flat and i don't have problems with neighbours.

One time they claimed because i adjusted the new double pedal for the kick at midnight. Since that we have an agreement that i can play until 10.30pm during the week. They can hear it a little bit but she said it is only annoying if she wants to go to sleep. Maybe the can't hear it anymore if i remove the frontplate of the kick.

Manfred

roel

Quote from: puttenvr on September 16, 2010, 04:45:56 PM
Nope
Only the bassdrum pad will make some noise, but if you get the new one without frontplate even that will not be a problem
Otherwise: place the drumkit on a square wooden floor with tennis balls below it

I still have the frontplate, but I have new mesh beaters and a mesh protection dot from thomann.de the noise is much lower than before.I can't see why we must remove the frontplate...

p929

Quote from: roel on September 17, 2010, 05:44:19 AMI can't see why we must remove the frontplate...

neither do I. I just removed the foam at the beaters location and left the frontplate (with the light :)). Noise is decreased considerately, maybe with the ball-beater might be less, but I prefer using the beaters from my double pedal.

hwasser

Actually my hihat and cymbals are the loudest. 2box cymbals are made of metal instead of plastic (like roland and yamaha). The rubbershield arent as thick which make it feel better than roland cymbals in my opinion, but a bit louder.