News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

New rack stand

Started by puttenvr, July 22, 2010, 06:53:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RossC

Another bar and clamp to secure the top of the kick would be great!

puttenvr

RossC

My kick vibrates a fair bit and the sound of this is a bit annoying especially when I'm playing many hits on the kick. It'll be heard over the top of my headphones.

hwasser

Quote from: RossC on August 11, 2010, 06:20:30 AM
My kick vibrates a fair bit and the sound of this is a bit annoying especially when I'm playing many hits on the kick. It'll be heard over the top of my headphones.

LoL, I realised that this moves the kit a bit forward when playing a lot, haha, after recording 3 songs to a thrashmetal band the drumkit had moved off the carpet ^^

fishmonkey

Quote from: RossC on August 11, 2010, 06:20:30 AM

i guess that's why they have done away with the metal front and foam padding and relocated the trigger on the new version of the hardware.

you can mod your own as in this thread:

http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,395.0.html

Tristan

Quote from: fishmonkey on August 11, 2010, 08:37:47 AM
i guess that's why they have done away with the metal front and foam padding and relocated the trigger on the new version of the hardware.

you can mod your own as in this thread:

http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,395.0.html

I tried that but gave up.  The bolts holding the back plate on were way too tight and I ended up damaging one of the bolts.

roel

Quote from: Tristan on August 23, 2010, 06:15:29 PM
I tried that but gave up.  The bolts holding the back plate on were way too tight and I ended up damaging one of the bolts.

I don't doing that because you don't have that 2box logo (light) anymore.
And I don't have trouble with double triggering after the new 1.10 update.

update new info from Bengt, the price of the new mk2 rackstand will be 250 euro. :-[

hefu

Actually, I can see why!
It is awesome, and incredibly sturdy.
I'm still setting it up so I will have no problems with transition between the 2Box and my DW-kit in the other end of my studio.

Glad I have the new stand, though...

Manfred

Quote from: roel on August 23, 2010, 06:30:26 PM
update new info from Bengt, the price of the new mk2 rackstand will be 250 euro. :-[

That sounds expensive. Is this the price for the complete rack (with cymbal arms, clamps, tom holders) or is it the price for an upgrade of the old rack? I mean it should be enough to replace the 4 vertical bars and the clamps if you already have the old rack. One user did that with dixon tubes. I can't find the thread but i have 2 pictures on my harddisc. I guess this would "only" cost about 150 Euro.

Manfred

roel

Quote from: Manfred on September 11, 2010, 06:13:58 PM
That sounds expensive. Is this the price for the complete rack (with cymbal arms, clamps, tom holders) or is it the price for an upgrade of the old rack? I mean it should be enough to replace the 4 vertical bars and the clamps if you already have the old rack. One user did that with dixon tubes. I can't find the thread but i have 2 pictures on my harddisc. I guess this would "only" cost about 150 Euro.

Manfred

You are right Manfred Its expensive,I don't know if it will be the price for an complete rack? maby we should ask Bengt again about that, and when it will be available.
So as the cymbals and toms...

Manfred

Quote from: puttenvr on September 12, 2010, 08:56:14 AM
Expensive?

If 250 Euro is the price for an upgrade of the old rack it is expensive. If it is the price for a complete rack with tom and cymbal holders it is ok. Scottie said that early adopters will not be forgotten when the new rack is available. So lets wait and see.

Manfred

roel

Quote from: Manfred on September 12, 2010, 10:59:24 AM
If 250 Euro is the price for an upgrade of the old rack it is expensive. If it is the price for a complete rack with tom and cymbal holders it is ok. Scottie said that early adopters will not be forgotten when the new rack is available. So lets wait and see.

Manfred

I hope that spare parts are in the shops soon lets wait...

boekhour

For the whole rack its a good price. For just upgrading some parts, it should be significantly less. The new rack seems to be more stable and it looks nicer. A real improvement.

roel

Quote from: boekhour on September 12, 2010, 06:52:48 PM
For the whole rack its a good price. For just upgrading some parts, it should be significantly less. The new rack seems to be more stable and it looks nicer. A real improvement.

sure it is, but now the question where can I get the mk2 rack?