News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

A way to mount the bassdrum standalone?

Started by Daniel, February 05, 2011, 06:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

hi,

since the bassdrum is shaking the poor toyrack the most, i though about having it standalone, seperated from the rack.

i wonder if there is any other hardware compatible with the bassdrum? any ideas?

cheers

puttenvr

It's kinda rack based, isn't it
I don't see a way to mount spurs, and even then I assume a rack is the most stable

p929

Couple of months ago I saw a prototype for that. It's done by the swiss distributor, but as far as I know it's just an idea he submitted to the 2Box in Sweden, however, you might ask him directly how this project is going.

Kyrrinstoch

I asked about this a while back myself, but no one seemed to have any info about it then.

I'm interested in using the kick pad as an Aux kick with my acoustic kit, but that's not an option if I can't find some way of getting it to work without the rack... :(

edtc

hello

For 60€ on ebay you can find a Roland KD7 . It works well with the DRUMIT5 ... it is stable and easy to place in an acoustic kit. It has also no double trigerring issues .

Kyrrinstoch

edtc, thanks for the idea, but I'd really rather not buy a DrumIT5 set, then have to buy a second kick pad from another manufacturer.

I'd prefer to stick with the pads that were specifically designed for use with that module.

edtc

sure, but it s allways good to have a rock solid spare trigger just in case , and it s not so much more expensive than some hardware solution to maintain the 2box pad.

have a nice day

Slap the drummer

Then again -

buy a cheap K7 and a spare 2box snare stand, and then mount the bass drum as a cool
14in floor tom.

In fact I might try that myself when I've got the funds  :)

puttenvr

Quote from: Slap the drummer on February 10, 2011, 04:09:46 PM
and then mount the bass drum as a cool 14in floor tom.

And trigger it with 12-inch pad settings?
I am curious if large pads trigger that well for tom toms. Just curious.

Daniel

Quote from: Slap the drummer on February 10, 2011, 04:09:46 PM
Then again -

buy a cheap K7 and a spare 2box snare stand, and then mount the bass drum as a cool
14in floor tom.

In fact I might try that myself when I've got the funds  :)

whats a K7?

edtc

i think it is a roland kd7 .. à kick pad

Slap the drummer

Quote from: puttenvr on February 10, 2011, 04:49:10 PM
And trigger it with 12-inch pad settings?
I am curious if large pads trigger that well for tom toms. Just curious.

You're probably right to question.  I reckon triggering as such wd be ok, but I've noticed
from trying to get it to work as a kick drum that you can't get the mesh head very tight (as tight
as the smaller heads) because of the large size.

edtc

i use a 13 " homemade snare , it works well ... the sensor is centered , maybe that helps to "cover" the surface ...