News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

trigger channels - sensitivity

Started by Slap the drummer, December 30, 2010, 02:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slap the drummer

Has anybody else noticed/found that the tom channels are less sensitive than the cymbal
channels?

What I mean is - when I add an extra cymbal by jacking it into Tom4 I find that it's much
quieter than if I had plugged into one of the cymbal channels.  I've made sure that all gain
settings etc are the same and tested by moving the same cymbal pad around.

The end result is that even after ramping up the gain settings I can't make the cymbal
sound as good thu the tom channel as it does with the cymbal channel.

Its bugging me a bit and I'm curious as to why it is....

And on a similar note - what does the "Trigger Type" setting on the UNIT/TRIGGERS page really
do?  Anybody know?
I can't see/hear any difference between say "Cymbal 14" and "Tom 10" ??????

Any thoughts welcome!!

Baby Samus

If anything I find my cymbals are louder than everything else on the kit when all sounds are at 0db, I end up having to turn them down so maybe its just the trigger setting that affects that?  You may not be able to hear any difference in the trigger types, but surely these just tell the module the pad size and type so it can trigger more accurately (perhaps different trigger detection methods/code are used for each setting?

spoenk

did you change the PAD TYPE as well?

Slap the drummer

Quote from: spoenk on December 30, 2010, 06:24:39 PM
did you change the PAD TYPE as well?

Yes, I've tried different pad types, but as I say it didn't seem to make any difference.

It's as though the Cymbal channels (1 to 3) have more gain built into them than the
Tom channels (1 to 4).  I know I can compensate with extra gain, but thing is it requires
a lot of extra gain to equal things out and the end result does not sound as good -