News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

iRig??

Started by Poonicorn, January 02, 2013, 02:00:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poonicorn

Anyone use the iRig with the 2box?

Which one is best, the guitar one?  Also, is this only for direct recording on the iPad, or can it be used also to DI into my laptop?

I know the irig will work for videos etc with my camera, but what about recording over drumless tracks my friends send me?

Is there a cost effective way to either use iphone or DI to computer with minimal fuss to do these tasks?

Thank you and happy new year everyone!!

digitalDrummer

I tested the iRig MIDI for an extensive report of iPad drumming coming soon in the February digitalDrummer. It works well, turning MIDI out from your module into CoreMIDI for iOS.
There's also a LINE6 version.

fishmonkey

Quote from: Poonicorn on January 02, 2013, 02:00:18 AM
Anyone use the iRig with the 2box?

Which one is best, the guitar one?  Also, is this only for direct recording on the iPad, or can it be used also to DI into my laptop?

I know the irig will work for videos etc with my camera, but what about recording over drumless tracks my friends send me?

Is there a cost effective way to either use iphone or DI to computer with minimal fuss to do these tasks?

Thank you and happy new year everyone!!

the iRig for guitar (which is designed to take a mono guitar-level audio signal), is not suitable for connecting your 2Box for recording audio...

one cheap option for getting line-level audio into your iOS device is the Line 6 Mobile In...

if you want an interface that will work both with iOS and your computer, then there are options for that too, but they cost a little more. some of the options are listed here:

http://blog.dubspot.com/ios-hardware-roundup-ipad-audio-interfaces-focusrite-alesis-tascam-apogee/

there are also RME interfaces that can do both...

Murgen

Fishmoney is right. I tried the iRig, no good. Now I use StudioXL on my iPad connected via an USB to my mixer. That is simple and works.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012