News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

682drums 14-inch bass-head

Started by Murgen, November 08, 2013, 03:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murgen

I bought and installed this mesh head early February. I'm going to send this photo to 682drums. It looks like the 2Box tennis-ball and the head material have friction and it melted away the fabric. The ball also show some wear and tear.

On the good site: I use my kit quite often.  ;)

682drums by murgenetemplar, on Flickr
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Dänoh

Murgen,  :rock:

I know I've read that felt-beaters are problematic with mesh. But I can't remember ever reading a word about tennis-ball beaters!  ???

The best protective thing to do: Use a Remo Falams patch or comparable product by Evans, and stick it on there!

Rock on!
:)

AndyMo

Hi,

Not sure if this helpful but I use a Gilbralter lightweight bass drum beater with my mesh heads (Jobeky bass drum) - the plastic side of the head: http://www.gak.co.uk/en/gibraltar-sc-lbdb-lightweight-bass-drum-beater/38852?gclid=CNOgkNCB1roCFU7KtAodwX4Aog

It seems to work Ok - been using it for a year or so and not gone through the head yet :)

Cheers,
Andy

Murgen

I will check that one. And I know falams but hope 682drums will send an advice too. Thank you both!
--------

Murgen

Mailing with the dudes from 682DRUMS. Testing Falam with felt beater now, then back to tennis-ball, then release tension and then run and cry for help.
--------

edtc

i use two layers of good quality GAFFA TAPE to protect the mesh-head ...

It s cheap , and for 10 euro , you re ok for years ....

works with any type of beater ... just add a layer or change it when it is worn ...

For me it s better and less noisy than a remo or evans patch ...

Murgen

Quote from: edtc on November 09, 2013, 02:56:35 PM
i use two layers of good quality GAFFA TAPE to protect the mesh-head ...

It s cheap , and for 10 euro , you re ok for years ....

works with any type of beater ... just add a layer or change it when it is worn ...

For me it s better and less noisy than a remo or evans patch ...

Nice! Thank you!
--------