News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2box EDITIOR!!!

Started by Modus_Drummer, April 10, 2011, 04:33:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Modus_Drummer

Hey guys,
             Having some issues with the 2BOX sound EDITIOR.
             i do not have a clue how to use it, i have failed at every attempt. I was just wondering if someone can advise me the basic steps.

I have .mid files on my windows pc trying to install on the module.
             when i plug the usb in module and pc nothing gets reconized. Is it meant to make noise or something to
             get reconized?

Am i meant to be seing the sounds that i already have in my module? When i try to select the sounds i
             have downloaded from a 3rd party that are on my pc, it doenst show the file! im guesing it doesnt like
             the file type or it wont accept it. My question is what files does the 2box accept for samples?

How do i transfer a sounds from a KORG Trition keyboard to the 2box module? i was planing to use a
             midi cable but would it accept it?

last question
            Can the 2box accept samples from ROLAND TD-20? if so how can we transfer sounds?

Thanks guys
Kind Regards

Modus_Drummer (Australia)
:patbat2box:

puttenvr

There are no samples in the Roland TD-20
Only digital modeling sound objects

And I dont think it will be possible to transfer Trition sounds per MIDI cable

nonoduweb

Usb computer-module:  push the left upper button (above the screen) and switch on the module. You can now access to your module folders with your computer.

The module only reads a specific file format: ".dsnd".
Take a wav file (a snare sample for example), use Dsoundtool or the 2box editor to convert this file in dsnd format, and send it to the module via usb.

Modus_Drummer

Your a legend - these are so begginer questions but

OK so i have got midi and wav files and have converted them to a .dsnd file..
but when i found it in the library and drag the sample on the pad it comes up with an error

"LOAD SOUND"
Edit DSND not yet implemented" what do i do at this stage i stuck im not sure?

nonoduweb

Yes the 2box editor can't open dsnd files at this time, it can just create a dsnd file with one or several wav files.

If you have created your dsnd file, you just have to send it to the module (in usb mode).

Modus_Drummer

so i have dumped it in the module - but there is no sound.... its a blank..

where can i get timbale/ percussion where they r not blanks - i download ddse4 samples from their forum, they are normal wave files and when i double click on them to hear them in windows media player or anyother program no sound - so i converted it the way how u say with the tool and i dumped it in the module and when i select it on the module and hit the pad no sound comes out its all blank....

can you help me on this one dude and i promise i leave you hahahaha

thanks again

nonoduweb

Free samples (percussion) here: http://www.freesound.org/

Once you have build your dsnd file, you can check it with your PC using VLC Media player.
If you can hear your sample with VLC, your module should play it.

Modus_Drummer

Cheers mate all completed i actually know how to use basics on the module lol