SDSE: export drum VSTs to .wav, .dsnd and .dkit in 1-click

Started by Lustar, November 23, 2012, 10:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be interested in a Mac version of SDSE? (only vote if you are a Mac user)

Yes, a Mac version is a must for me
I would but I already use the Windows version on my Mac or notebook
No, free solutions like Boot Camp or VirtualBox are enough, keep the focus on supporting VSTs

Progdrummer

What sound library would you suggest for some metal/rock playalong and to improve the original 2Box cymbals sounds (which are pretty weak imho, maybe the only real flaw of this magnificent kit)?

And, even if Im sure this question has already been answered, how do I expand my 2Box module memory (without having to delete the original sounds, if possible)?

Thanks in advance!

Lustar

SD2 has several Metal packs like Metal Foundry. I like Music City to play along Rock, it's just two simple kits without a lot of pieces but it feels and sounds right and you get 3 zone cymbals. If you have BFD2 or BFD Eco you can get Zildjian Digital Vault for cymbals.

Replacing the 4GB of memory by 32GB is really easy, you can find the guide here. You'll have to make sure to get a compatible SD card (topic here) and copy all files to the new card. You can get the extender cable you'll need and a compatible SD card here.

Progdrummer

Perfect, thanks a lot Lustar. Now I just need to purchase your SDSE software and I'm ready to tweak my module :) My goal would be to achieve at least 4 complete drumkits to cover each genre I use to play (rock/metal/funk/80s stuff).

Lustar

SDSE 1.7.3 is now available.

This versions improves the way Reaper is configured by SDSE to make it even easier to get started. Most first time users won't even have to set the Audio device or VST plugins path in Reaper.
On Windows 64-bit SDSE checks your VST plugins path setting and fixes it as needed to make sure only the correct versions of your VST plugins are loaded.
The Region Manager is also configured to be more convenient.

To upgrade from 1.7:
- delete SDSE_Shrink.ini and SDSE_SD.ini from your current SDSE folder
- extract the new version in your current SDSE folder, overwrite all files (your configuration won't be overwritten)

Changelog since 1.7:

• support for the new Indie Folk EZX
  • improved support for Addictive Drums (more reliable when starting an export job)
  • Reaper: VST plugins path is set or corrected if needed, settings like "Inform plug-ins of offline rendering state" are set as needed
  • Reaper: the Region Manager is configured and moved to the free space on the left
  • Reaper: improved dock area position for small screens
  • SD2: improved disabling of Humanize settings

fulrmr

Excellent. This will be mine tomorrow when I get back to my kit. Thanks. :)

tower of p

edcito

I upgraded to 1.7.3 and now I'm getting the error "Couldn't read SD2 kit information". :'(

Lustar

edcito: I sent you a message, we'll figure it out.

SDSE 1.7.4 is coming soon, with more improvements for notebook screens.

In other news, BFD Eco is currently on sale at -60% on fxpansion.com until the end of the month, it's a good deal for those looking at the Zildjian Digital Vault pack.

rcprod

Sorry if this question has been answered somewhere within the first 14 pages.

What is the price for the full non-demo version of SDSE?

Thanks.

Lustar

It's on the top/right of the SDSE page here

SDSE 1.7.5 is now available.

This version improves Reaper configuration for small screens. Exporting is now fully supported on resolutions as low as 800x600.

To upgrade from 1.7.3:
- extract the new version in your current SDSE folder, overwrite all files (your configuration won't be overwritten)

Changelog since 1.7.3:

• Reaper: it is now possible to start exporting in full screen mode or with the dock detached from the main window - thanks to Michael for testing
  • Reaper: new option "Detach Docker" (enabled by default, do not disable unless your screen height is bigger than 960)
  • Reaper: improved adjustments made to the VST plugins paths
  • lowered minimum supported resolution to 800x600 and removed adjustments that are no longer necessary (scrolling the VST window)
  • EZdrummer: fixed support for Pop/Rock when no other EZX pack is installed
  • EZdrummer: fixed possible issue with SDSE not finding preset (when the "My Documents" path was modified in Windows and EZdrummer doesn't find it)
  • DrumIt Five Editor add-on: fixed slow down when Reaper is open, fonts are scaled using DPI
  • fixed .dkit not being built when "Build .dkit from .dsnd" was left to "min parts" and not set to "enabled"
  • fixed issues when Windows Aero is enabled

milojko

Is it only me or it gets prevented by the antivirus to install?
I'm using Avast and it reports it as a threat ...

Murgen

Lustar explained it is an alert hard to avoid but caused by required functionality for the software.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Lustar

Yes, I'm afraid there's not much we can do about that, most anti virus programs use a "guilty until proven innocent" approach that can be scary to the user.
Avast treats any program it doesn't know as suspicious so it will probably do that once when you upgrade to a new SDSE version. SDSE may be run in a sandbox or scanned by Avast the first time you launch it. If it happens, click "continue execution". The next time you start SDSE Avast should let it run.

Jman

Just to let you know.... On version 1.7.5 I finally got around to opening and testing this version. I can't get past the Checking Reaper stage, it goes into a stall at that point and I have to exit. Exiting is a little tricky too. Even after clicking cntrl, alt, dlt it is pretty tricky to get out of the hazed orange screen.... The task manager keeps disappearing behind the other windows and I have to do a bit of bob and weave to get out of the program.... as you know I'm on Win8 64Bit. No problems at all with the former 1.7.3 though for me.

By the way I installed the new Senheiser DrumMicA free drum VST pack that runs in Kontakt player 5. Sounds seem pretty decent. Not sure about the mapping and such for SDSE, I managed to build a Kick, Toms and Snare. Mapping is not lined up with any of the other supported VSTs so far for dsnds with SDSE from what I see. Kick and Toms yes, Snare head yes but not rim .... Just thought I'd mention it since it is free, in case you decided to check it out.
J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Lustar

Thanks for telling me about this Jman. To exit SDSE at any time press CTRL+ALT+DEL, it will open a Windows screen with options, then press ESC a couple times to get out of this screen and close SDSE, it should exit right away. I'll look into reproducing and fixing the stalling issue today.
I'll also look at DrumMiCa, it's downloading right now :)

Edit:
Jman has confirmed that the problem is fixed in the current version of SDSE. If you don't have this particular issue there is no need to update.