News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Hihat Open and Closed

Started by jcs77, January 26, 2014, 12:41:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcs77

My hihat is stuck only triggering the open sound. I cannot get the closed sound with the pedal.

Ive searched the forum and tried the obvious (switch cables, calibrate) but nothing changes.

***On the os 1.26 hihat calibration page, I don't get any levels registered (9****) as shown on page 25 of the manual. Is this correct?***

Any ideas on how to fix this?

waynec42

Quote from: jcs77 on January 26, 2014, 12:41:18 AM
My hihat is stuck only triggering the open sound. I cannot get the closed sound with the pedal.

Ive searched the forum and tried the obvious (switch cables, calibrate) but nothing changes.

***On the os 1.26 hihat calibration page, I don't get any levels registered (9****) as shown on page 25 of the manual. Is this correct?***

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Hmmmmm....... sounds like the cymbal has failed. I'm on my third hihat cymbal from 2box because this exact same thing. I even now carry around a spare 2box hihat cymbal. They're not very sturdy. Do you have access to another 2box hihat? If so, try that first to prove it is the cymbal. Or maybe take it to a dealer to try it on their module.

jcs77

Just to follow through on this, I did some addition tests and found out that the hi hat cymbal is not functioning properly.

reekster

Same issue. I moved to a gig and when I set up, My Hi-Hat would not respond to open and close sounds but does trigger open and does trigger with a foot close. I did notice the box under the cymbal is loose and may be missing one or more screws. Similar issue with most all my cymbals. I'll try tightening up this boix with some new screws and hopefully this will solve my problem

waynec42

Quote from: reekster on June 28, 2014, 09:49:52 PM
Same issue. I moved to a gig and when I set up, My Hi-Hat would not respond to open and close sounds but does trigger open and does trigger with a foot close. I did notice the box under the cymbal is loose and may be missing one or more screws. Similar issue with most all my cymbals. I'll try tightening up this boix with some new screws and hopefully this will solve my problem

My advice to all 2box players who gig with the kit is to replace the 2box cymbals with anything else. I use a combination of stealth cymbals and a couple of kittoys. My hihat is a stealth mod kit with pedal box also. I've found this to work much more consistent than the 2box hihat.

I like the stealth cymbals because they are trigger kits that are mounted to real cymbals which looks real. If you're not fussed about real looking cymbals,  go with kittoy cymbals.  They're great value for money.

fulrmr

+1 for the HH box mod.  Jman has them in the Private Sale section.