News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Chrome side snare suggestions

Started by hemiboy, February 09, 2014, 02:09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemiboy

Hey guys, looking to get a chrome 10 or 12 inch side snare and I see several offerings from pearl firecracker, Pdp, Gretsch, Sound percussion to name a few. Has anybody triggered one of these bad boys?Got a extreme trigger for free and want to give it a whirl. Never even heard one of these acoustically much less triggered. I also thought maybe one of the pintech dual zone concert pads

fulrmr

Never built any of these...but have built lots of metal snares. Never had a problem. The only thing you may have to do, when building a metal snare, (if the extreme trigger is a "side mount").....is to make sure the spacers between the lug screws and the shell come out far enough for the trigger housing to clear the bearing edge.

hemiboy

Thanks Dan, I will take a look ,and  if it doesnt clear I will grab a trigger from J . How many kits have you built and do you build them for your own use or as a business?

Jman

I did a Gretsch steel Blackhawk side snare back in 2005 (8"). And a 12" Gretsch Mighty Mini basswood snare in 2006, both worked well for me. Of course that was my own triggering though.... I always like a side snare with my kit. I generally have a piccolo or smaller Aux. snare sound assigned to that one and a regular size snare sound assigned to my 14".
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

hemiboy

thanks J , I will take a shot , if I can't get this freebie to trigger I wil grab another trigger

fulrmr

Quote from: hemiboy on February 09, 2014, 10:00:10 PM
Thanks Dan, I will take a look ,and  if it doesnt clear I will grab a trigger from J . How many kits have you built and do you build them for your own use or as a business?

No business model here. ;) Mainly for myself but I have built a few for some kits I've given away.

Jman

I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/