News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Buy individual parts / compatibility

Started by lordpsycke, November 16, 2009, 09:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lordpsycke

Is the brain available for purchase separately? How compatible is it with Roland dual trigger pads and the latest Roland cymbals?  If it is not compatible with the Roland cymbals, can I buy the 2box cymbals separately?

I'm asking since although I think the module sounds incredible, I'm concerned with how much the rack moves around (based on the Youtube videos) and other issues/aesthetics (personally I don't like the look of the pads.)  So, in summary, I'd like to pair the brain with something like a TD-12 kit.

Thanks in advance.  

TrommelTheo

Roland and Yamaha Cymbals won´t work i think...

Theo

puttenvr

That's right. What you can do is buy a td-12 kit and MIDI it up to a 2box brain

Calimero

You can also buy a midi interface and Toontracks' superior drummer( or simular software)That is if you have a computer that meets the specs but they arent that big.Also that is if you play at home.If you want to you can pick up a laptop and the software for the price of the 2box brain (probably since that price is not known yet) Superior drummer will give you good sampled sounds and tons of options to edit those if you choose to.It works perfect with a td-12,have a look on youtube,plenty of examples there.

lordpsycke

Thanks for your advice, I think I'm just going to make some drums (convert real drums) and wait until the brain is available to purchase separately.

TrommelTheo

puttenvr

I read about several problems with that V-machine. Did you work with it already ?