News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Got my kit. Short review and some questions.

Started by Hekmat, November 05, 2009, 09:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hekmat

Hey all,

So I got my kit from Production-Room.com (Who were great by the way, thanks Paul!), so I'll give a quick review and ask some questions.

Firstly the sounds are awesome all-round, but especially the toms and snare.

Triggering is great, and I haven't noticed any machine-gunning whatsoever

The rack wobbles a bit, but I haven't had any problems with it.

Really, everything is impressive except for one thing - The Hi-Hat. Trying to get a half-open sound is really irritating (seems like 1mm too high or low and its off). I haven't used an e-kit before but a friend of mine who used to play with a TD-20 came over to give it a shot. He seemed to think that the kit was better overall than the TD-20 but agreed the Hi-Hat was very weak.  I need to play around with the sensitivity a bit, and I'm going to try a Hi-Hat stand I have spare to see if that helps.

Anyway, I've been playing with the kit for about a week, and on the second day I noticed 3 small holes in the mesh of two of my toms (two holes on one tom, and one hole on the other). I'd heard that mesh heads are fragile, but this is a little ridiculous. Anyone know if its possible to get replacement mesh heads anywhere? The drums still trigger fine, but I'm pretty much playing without the toms as I don't want to make the problem worse if there aren't any replacements available. If they aren't available yet, when will they be?

Besides the Hi-Hat (which is supposedly being improved) and my problem with the mesh, I'm really happy with the kit. It was nice to rock out at 2 AM the day I got it, just because I could ;D !

Travis182

Hey Hekmay

good review u have given there and cool to seeanother 2box user. That's great if your friend was saying overall it's better than a Td20 aswell!!

I would suggest getting in touch with Scottie who is a memeber on here and works for the uk distribution for 2box.

Are you going to record with it at all?

Scottie

Hey Hekmat

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Glad you are enjoying rocking out on your kit  ;D

What country are you located in?

Thanks
Scott