News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Yikes! 2Box Midi Sync Not Working With Logic Pro X

Started by mcarillo, February 16, 2015, 09:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcarillo

Hello and hell!  :o

Just recently received my 2Box and am absolutely digging it except for not being able to set up midi with Logic Pro X.  I've spent the better part of two days troubleshooting and reading for solutions online.  Now I'm afraid that I've made things worse.

I have a 2012 Macbook Pro running Logic Pro X and I use a Motu Fastlane midi interface to connect to a synth and now my 2Box.  I can easily connect to my synth, record midi notes and have them play back accurately and consistently.  I'm not having the same success when connecting my FastLane to my 2Box.  The midi data appears to be recording accurately, but the playback is spotty and randomly drops out.  Sometimes it doesn't playback at all.  I am a newbie and am chasing a deadline, so I'd be more than happy to compensate anyone interested in walking me through this mess privately. 

I have the 2Box on Channel 1:

I set up 2Box on the AppleMidiSetup:

Don't know if I messed up my preferences in Logic:

My project sync settings:

My project record and midi settings:

And my channel info:

Thank you!

m

protools

Hi, if you have midi sync turned on in logic turn it off, 2box wont use it because its not meant to
Cheers John

mcarillo

Thank you.  I don't believe that I have midi sync turned on.  Should I check the checkbox that reads, "Allow to Send Song Position Pointer while Playing"? 

Regards,

m

mcarillo

It turned out to be a bad FastLane midi box driver.  Reinstalled on my Mavericks OS and all seems fine.