News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

problems with the bell triggering

Started by patbat, February 02, 2010, 07:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patbat

Hi,
The bell of my cymbal triggers much louder as the bow,
and as I can't decrease the volume of my bell separatly......

the second problem is that the bell triggers very unevenly.
when I give several strokes with the same strength,
one stroke sometimes triggers very much louder as the others.
bow and edge trigger very well.

does someone have the same problem ?

thank you.

westerlu77

I have the same problem..I can't find any place to decrease the bell..

carlomagno

Louis

Quote from: westerlu77 on February 02, 2010, 07:41:27 PM
I have the same problem..I can't find any place to decrease the bell..

You can do this in your PC using DSoundTool, http://www.shortestpath.se/dsoundtool/

Copy the sound from the module to your PC using USB, and open it in the tool; then you can adjust the bell volume and save it.

I would advise to make give the sound a new name, so you have the original sound left.

puttenvr

Seems like this is the next serious thing to solve

Louis

DSoundTool now also supports "improved playing consistency" that you can use for sounds based on few sound layers. It works by duplicating the existing samples a couple of times. I tested it on the CH Bell 1, and found that it improved the playability, at the cost of a bigger file size.

However, there is still a problem with the bell. If I hit on the top of the bell it works ok, but if the stick lands on the slope between the bell and the bow, often a way too loud sound is played.

macleod

Hm, my problem is that on some sounds Ride cymbal (bell) and snare drum are triggering with significant latency. It doesn't happen all the time but it's quite annoying especially when recording. How do I fix it?

UC

Hey Mcleod, do you have any settings open when you hear the latency? Ie. in a drum configuration page, without having saved changes to the kit?

macleod

Quote from: UC on February 05, 2010, 07:13:00 PM
Hey Mcleod, do you have any settings open when you hear the latency? Ie. in a drum configuration page, without having saved changes to the kit?
I will try to take a screenshot whenit happens. Problem is that with the same settings it happens only occasionally.

UC

The only reason I ask is that when I'm tweaking variables, I sometimes forget to save when I get carried away playing -that's when I sometimes notice the snare lagging - but when I save the kit, the lag goes away. I wonder if it's because the brain is trying to change the displayed instrument variables, while you're hitting them all :)