News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

how good is the HiHat??

Started by franz-tanz, October 07, 2009, 11:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

franz-tanz

Hey everyone!
I played the drumitfive on the musikmesse at frankfurt, but the hihat wasn't working yet.
How good is it actually?(the hihat)  Does it sound real? Or is it working yet, cause some posted it wouldn't.
And how many sound zones between fully open and fully closed are there really?
Somebody has recordings? Is it as good as the roland VH11 and 12 Hats? Or even better?  :D

Thanks for any reply.
franz

puttenvr

In short: the Roland hihats work slightly better
But the 2Box hihat does sound a lot better, more realistic
Full close sound, playing is okay
Half open sound, playing is okay, but sometimes you need to raise your leg quite a bit
Full open sound playing: I didn't discover it yet. But, to be honest, I never play my hh full open
So: I can work with it and 2box will make it better after software update 1.0

Gissing

The hihat is in my opinion the most critical. Drummers may have different ways of playing. My own style is very much with the hihat in different more or less open/closed positions. I have heard that 2box have 4 steps. Is that correct? Should I rather choose a Roland set, if thats so critical to me? I think they look boring, compared to the 2Box'es. Besides Roland is very expensive, if you want one of those with a "real" hihat.
I have an Alesis pro at the time, and want to upgrade. Have you treid one of those? On a scale from 1 to 10, how much happier will I be?  :)

roel

Quote from: Gissing on October 14, 2009, 02:12:13 PM
The hihat is in my opinion the most critical. Drummers may have different ways of playing. My own style is very much with the hihat in different more or less open/closed positions. I have heard that 2box have 4 steps. Is that correct? Should I rather choose a Roland set, if thats so critical to me? I think they look boring, compared to the 2Box'es. Besides Roland is very expensive, if you want one of those with a "real" hihat.
I have an Alesis pro at the time, and want to upgrade. Have you treid one of those? On a scale from 1 to 10, how much happier will I be?  :)

I think that you better have to wait for the new update 1.0 maby it turns out in the positive way?n my opinion the hihatstand that will be delivered with the drumit five is crap so they must work on that.

Gissing

I have not heard of an update. Where can I read about that? Will it improve the highhat? Have 2Box themselves said somthing about that?

I am not yet an owner. I am only considering buying a 2Box set. Is the highhat really that bad, or is it just slightly worse than perfect? Compared to real drums?

puttenvr

Compared to real drums, an acoustic hihat is always better
But please re-read my post above. That's how the 2box HH behaves

HM

Has anyone tried the VH-11 with 2box?

wali80

hi
i am new here and asked bengt if he improved something on the rack or the kit in general..
he said that "There is an extra holder making the hihat more stable."..
hope that helps
Thomas

puttenvr

Together with the software update: it must