News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Help building the hihat

Started by xaronv, December 20, 2009, 09:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xaronv

Hello every body,

i bought my kit today and built it on a yamaha rack. It was a little tricky to make, but with patience, evething is possible.
All was good, until I had to build the hihat. I use it on hit hat stand that i own and i can't find the way to put the cymbal on it.
I've a little piece that seems to fit into the hihat but once inside i can't put it on the stand !! it's to small.
Can someone explain me how to do this, because i'm sure that I have misunderstood something !!
You'll find a picture on the parts, just to be sure that every one understand what i mean .

Thanks in advance

Scottie

Hi xaronv

When you say it is too small, could you give me a little more detail.
could you take a picture of what part is too small, when it is on the stand?

Thanks
Scott

xaronv

Here a picture from above the stand. I put the small piece into the hihat and try to insert it on my stand.
As you can see, the stand cannot pass through the small piece as there a part of it in the way.

Hope i'm clear enough

Scottie

Thanks xaronv

Is that little piece in as far as it can go? I know that might be a silly questions, but i just want to cover all bases.

Can i also ask what country you are in?

Thanks
Scott

xaronv

Yes , i can't push this piece further into the hihat.
I'am from france

here a picture of what happen when I try to put the cymbal into my stand

Scottie

Hi xaronv

If you try to mount the hihat on to the supplied stand that you received with the kit, does it fit?

Thanks
Scott

xaronv

No, it does exactly the same thing. The two stands have the same size

Scottie

Ok, if you spin that part around, so the thread would be on the inside, do the holes then line up?

Thanks
Scott

b

xaronv, the little piece that you have described that fits into the hi hat is actually two pieces. the wing nut type part with 2box marked on it can screw off the other part with the hole in. try unscrewing it a little to make the whole thing longer, you will now be able to push it all the way in. After this you can tighten it back up.

Scottie

Well spotted b. I assumed that xaronv had tried this, but looking at the pictures again i think you are correct  ;D

Thanks
Scott

xaronv

I thought that this small piece was only one part as it seems to be like that .
having understood that, it fits perfectly onto my own stand.

Many thanks for your help Scottie and b.
Now, i'm going to play with my 2box.

See you for other adventures