News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

SD-Card mod step by step

Started by Manfred, August 26, 2011, 08:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baby Samus

Probably why there aren't any left in stock - JMan has bought them all!  I sent best buy an e-mail to see when stock will be back in, hopefully get a reply soon.

Jman

Quote from: edtc on August 29, 2011, 02:19:20 AM
Hi

I ve just got my new sandisk extreme III 16 go ... i planned to fill it with the 2box site's new dsounds waiting the extender cable i purchased at "E-drum paradise" to arrive in my poste office , but when i inserted it in my PC , windows (XP PRO) asked me to format it before use...

I ve read here that there was no need to format those sandisk extreme III cards , so i prefere to ask instead of making a mess ....

Was it the same for you ?   

My windows version is quite old and i just installed the hotfix for SDHC cards... it s an old IBM x40 laptop ...

I got that on Windows 7 64bit .... with the Transcend cards .... but did not get the pop up to format the Sandisk extreme cards. I would recommend NOT formatting. You shouldn't need to on a Sandisk Extreme card IMO.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

edtc

yep , thats what i thought ... i have to try with another computer ...

Jman

Quote from: Baby Samus on August 29, 2011, 02:23:10 AM
Probably why there aren't any left in stock - JMan has bought them all!  I sent best buy an e-mail to see when stock will be back in, hopefully get a reply soon.
I only bought one from a seller on eBay from the US the first time ... The second time I searched for hours and could find no place that ships to the US .... That is why I bought a lot of 20 from a manufacturer/distributor. Like mentioned earlier it is harder to get these individually in some countries than in others. I knew I would need one for my other module (which I hadn't even bought, but my wheels were already spinning, planning for the future ;))  and figured I would do the lot...

I figured others might run into the same problem depending on where they are in the world ... the reason when I listed em in the classifieds I said .... if you can't find them easily I have some.

The UK and Australia seem to be a couple of the countries that they can be found more readily.

Jman

Quote from: edtc on August 29, 2011, 03:33:41 AM
yep , thats what i thought ... i have to try with another computer ...

Another thing I ran into is the internal card reader in my PC gives me problems .... I have a few of these cheapy card readers in my drawer that I use and they work great plugged into a USB port .... but my internal card reader is a waste of space, eventually I need to replace it with one that actually works regularly and not just occasionally ;D!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SD-SDHC-MEMORY-CARD-READER-USB-1GB-2GB-4GB-8GB-16GB-/300575152591?pt=PCC_Drives_Storage_Internal&hash=item45fbacd9cf

spoenk

anyone out there who will sell an extension cable?

edtc

Quote from: spoenk on August 29, 2011, 11:28:26 AM
anyone out there who will sell an extension cable?

contact JMAN ...he may have some left.....

Manfred

Quote from: digitalDrummer on August 29, 2011, 12:23:47 AM
Manfred, thanks for the detailed walk-through. I was going to include an article on how to do the mod in digitalDrummer, but you've done such a great job, there wouldn't be much point!

Actually this is more or less the description that has been at the 2Box homepage. I just added the pictures and modified 2-3 of the steps slightly. 2Box published this description because there was a batch of modules with bad SD-Cards. So not too much effort for me to post it here again :)

roel

Manfred thanx for this.keep up the good work!

G'day there,

I've just ordered 20 cables and should be getting them within a week or two delivered here to Australia.

Once they've arrived and I've tested them I'll be putting them up for sale in the classified section.

I'll keep everyone informed as I have further info.

Cheers.

Tony

roel

Quote from: 6828 on October 25, 2011, 11:38:45 AM
G'day there,

I've just ordered 20 cables and should be getting them within a week or two delivered here to Australia.

Once they've arrived and I've tested them I'll be putting them up for sale in the classified section.

I'll keep everyone informed as I have further info.

Cheers.

Tony

Aha nice one. Iam interested but 1 problem Iam from the Netherlands...

Quote from: roel on October 27, 2011, 11:40:13 AM
Aha nice one. Iam interested but 1 problem Iam from the Netherlands...

No problem at all, I'll be happy to ship to anywhere in the world.  :D

At this stage I'm anticipating postage costs to be between $5 and $20 at the most.

Tony

roel

Quote from: 6828 on October 28, 2011, 12:23:18 PM
No problem at all, I'll be happy to ship to anywhere in the world.  :D

At this stage I'm anticipating postage costs to be between $5 and $20 at the most.

Tony

Ok Tony, I will hear it from you.

roel

Its done I just upgrade my module. thank you Tony!