News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

DSoundTool 1.0

Started by Louis, February 04, 2010, 09:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edtc

hey Jman .... you finaly got the module ?

Jman

Quote from: edtc on March 06, 2011, 10:38:16 PM
hey Jman .... you finaly got the module ?

Nope, not yet, that's a screen shot of it though.... I know I have to update the OS to 1.10... It shipped on Friday. Priority from the UK ... supposed to be here about Tuesday... I'm like a kid waitin for Christmas again ;D
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

edtc

.... cool!!!  really sure you gonna love the drumit !

me i wait for a second hand Pearl rythm traveller for a mesh conversion next week... it allready has mesh head and some shiity cymbals to convert ... and piezos are allready waiting at home ;)

... but lets come back to DsoundTool ... i ve read somewhere that an update is comming for this spring ...

Jman

Quote from: edtc on March 06, 2011, 11:36:28 PM
.... cool!!!  really sure you gonna love the drumit !

me i wait for a second hand Pearl rythm traveller for a mesh conversion next week... it allready has mesh head and some shiity cymbals to convert ... and piezos are allready waiting at home ;)

... but lets come back to DsoundTool ... i ve read somewhere that an update is comming for this spring ...
Yeah, the Rythm Traveler is a natural choice for conversion.... eventually you will prolly want to change the mesh heads .... Pearl mesh is pretty thin....  Good for a start though.... Have fun on the new project!

Sorry for the thread hijack :)
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Funkstation777

Hi Louis, (and of course all the other helping people outside in this fabulous forum ;D

thanx for your prompt reply,
we have installed the latest OS and we have calibrated the hihat several times. After calibrating we could even see the at least 2 half open settings by watching the display - but the problem was that there was no half open sound to hear at this two steps. While moving the pedal slowly up and down (for millimeters - by hand, to notice if there is a half open sound at all) we realized, that the position where there was a half open sound to find, was way too small, so my question is just, if there is a way to increase the range of the half open sound, like this, for example:

1. No pedal = Open
2. Pedal pushed about 5 mm = 75 % Open
3. Pedal Pushed about 10 mm = 50 % Open
4. Pedal Pushed about 15 mm = 25 % Open
5. Pedal Pushed full =            Closed sound

Altough I'm not a drummer and my drummer isn't really good in english language, I try to help him by using this forum. Because of the intense knowledge of all of you it was possible to solve almost any problem we had in the beginning (including the SD Card-Change, Bassdrum-trigger-problems, broken rims, etc. so I hope that it's possible to get the hihat thing working.

Thanx a lot,
Andrew van der Funken

Louis

Hi Andrew,

Ok, I understand your problem now, but I don't know what to do about it. With my hihat I have the kind of distances that you are describing.
I don't think DSoundTool will be of any help, sorry! Let's hope someone else on the forum has a bright idea.

/Louis

edtc

hi Louis

how are you doing ?

Do you think it could be possible in a future update to edit an existing dsound , without the need to split it and recreate a new one ...

it would be great to have a visualisation of the layers and a graphical way to order , add or delete samples and set the velocity map ...

... if you have time ;)

Louis

Hi edtc,

Thank you, I am fine! A new version of DSoundTool is getting close to release. It will contain some bug fixes and an option to remove silence at the beginning of sounds, which was a feature on your wish list.

I really like your idea about editing sounds as you describe, but it will not be part of next release, as I won't have the time. But hopefully next release.

/Louis

edtc

that s  great news.... thanx a lot!

Meistermacher

Hi folks,
I´ve created an Excel file to save a velocities.map for DSoundTool.
Manual and xls you can download here:
http://hotfile.com/dl/118801235/199528e/Velocities_Map_for_DsSoundTool.rar.html
Feedback would be nice.
Cheers
Meistermacher

nonoduweb

Hi
an error occurs when I open the file on excel 2007 (activeX controls can't be displayed).

Thanks for sharing this file  :) 
Just a question: why do you want to assign the velocities to the layers, if Dsoundtool or the 2box editor do it for you according to the volume of the samples?
Everytime I have tried to assign the velocities by myself, the result wasn't good...

Meistermacher

Hi nonoduweb,
Sorry, but I have no 2007 to test.
When I generate files with Dsoundtool or the 2box editor many of them are not very "natural" in behavior of velocity. Most of them start with >100 and distance between first and last sound file are not even.
See also this message http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,874.msg8532.html#msg8532

I hope Louis / 2box put this functionality in their tools.
Regards
Meistermacher

Slap the drummer

Quote from: Meistermacher on May 26, 2011, 10:42:53 AM
Hi nonoduweb,
Sorry, but I have no 2007 to test.
When I generate files with Dsoundtool or the 2box editor many of them are not very "natural" in behavior of velocity. Most of them start with >100 and distance between first and last sound file are not even.

Hi - thanks for this.....  I think......  :D

This is real interesting because I'm up to my neck in making .dsnd files at the moment and what I'm calling "dynamic range",
or lack of, is a total pain in the proverbials....  even hits spread out from -50db to 0db do not give a very wide range from
soft to loud when played.

Pls cd you clarify what you're saying ?  I'm not sure that I understand.....

but do you mean that if we map the samples to velocity values ourselves, then we're gonna get better results?

Sorry Meister, I guess you did say that..... but cd you expand a bit on yr thinking?

Thank you,
Slap