News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2box and linux

Started by mpampis, May 20, 2011, 09:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpampis

And here I am again, asking another question... I think it's a matter of time to get kicked out of this site... ;) sorry if I am a "nutcracker" (don't know if this means what I wanna say but...).
Anyway, how can an open source drum module be only compatible with commercial OS?
Is there any plan for compatibility with linux, even via wine?

MisterE

Quote from: mpampis on May 20, 2011, 09:01:52 PM
And here I am again, asking another question... I think it's a matter of time to get kicked out of this site... ;) sorry if I am a "nutcracker" (don't know if this means what I wanna say but...).
Anyway, how can an open source drum module be only compatible with commercial OS?

it's an "open" module, not a "open source" module. The firmware inside is closed, and also the PC software. It would be great if the community could/would help, but that will probably never happen...

btw: i'm still waiting for my 2box. But the SD card should show up as a normal usb disk. So changing the samples manually should be easy.

Manfred

Hello,

What problem do you mean? So far no problem here:

- Brain is mounted as USB mass storage just like an USB key
- The 2Box editor runs with wine
- DSoundtool is java and runs also with linux

All tested with Ubuntu 10.04.

Regards, Manfred

Quote from: mpampis on May 20, 2011, 09:01:52 PM

MisterE

Quote from: Manfred on May 23, 2011, 04:19:55 PM
- The 2Box editor runs with wine
- DSoundtool is java and runs also with linux
All tested with Ubuntu 10.04.

Well, it would nice if those programs were written in Qt. Then they can easily compiled for all platforms (windows, linux, apple). And did't look like a "apple" interface. The most important part however is that it seems to work in linux. I suppose the question of mpampis is answered?