News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

problems with the bassdrum

Started by micke, September 04, 2009, 06:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micke

Hello everyone!
greetings from sweden!

Firstly i'd like to say that the product overall is very nice, looks and feels great!

I've been experiencing some issues concerning the bassdrum and hihat. I will leave the hihat problem out because I've talked to Bengt about it and a fix is on its way :) But the bassdrum problem is getting really annoying.

I can't get the triggering right on the bassdrum. I feel that the bassdrum triggers very uneven, whilst playing with a double pedal. Its almost impossible to get a nice, even sound while "pumping" with the double bass, because the difference in the sound and volume between the samples being triggered is to wide (I'm not very good in English so I hope you guys understand what I mean). I used to have a Roland td20 kit and the same prob could be fixed with the trigger sensitivity option, but I can't figure out how to fix this on the 2box. Does anyone else been experiencing this, and if so, do you know how to fix it?

Thanks for a great forum! If anyone has any questions about the kit I'll be happy to try and answer your questions. 

cabalestra

Quote from: micke on September 04, 2009, 06:10:43 PM
Hello everyone!
greetings from sweden!

Firstly i'd like to say that the product overall is very nice, looks and feels great!

I've been experiencing some issues concerning the bassdrum and hihat. I will leave the hihat problem out because I've talked to Bengt about it and a fix is on its way :)

Since you are the second person telling this (and the hi-hat is quite important to me), could you please share with us what exactly the problem and the solution are?  ???

Alex

i'm more concerned with the double bass as I tend to use it a lot in my band. hopefully there is a simple solution to this.

Dr.Wu

could it be that the rather heavy vibration of the bassdrumpad causes these problems? The more the pad becomes excited by the pedals the bigger the problem?

Scottie

Hey micke

Welcome to the forum, good to have another DrumIt drummer about  ;D

Just so i understand this issue, are you saying that you get the two samples but the sounds are too different from one another? Does this happen on every kit or only one particular one? When adjusting the gain, does it effect the issue or is it always apparent no matter what you do to the settings?

Thanks
Scott

micke

I get samples that are so different from each other, so no matter how even the bassdrum is played its still sounds "untight" .I have created a custom kit and tried pretty much every parameter change there is. Its not a gain or threshold problem and I experience the same problem on every factory kit. There is no misstriggering or anything like that, so I doubt that it is vibration related. The problem is that the samples that are triggered when I play forcefully are too different from each other and that the "force limit" is to narrow between the samples (man this is hard for me to explain in English, I hope you guys understand).
When I play softer it sounds great.

I have solved the prob temporary by decreasing the gain so that the last samples in the chain don't get triggered. Then I increased the volume of the kick instead.

Have a great weekend!

carlomagno

I have the same problem in double bass :-[

puttenvr

Does your bassdrum beater touches the trigger, or the rectangular space above the trigger?
The closer it is to the trigger, the more uneven peaks there are.

micke

I have the beater as far up on the kick as possible, it is no way near the sensor.

micke

About the hihat.
I always play my hihat between closed and half opened, hardly ever fully opened. So when I fix the hihat pad in half opened position I can't get the "hihat closing" sound whilst pushing the hihat pedal down. Also, hitting the edge of the hihat triggers the samples sound and volume very uneven, same prob as the kick drum.
I think that the 2box-kits toms, snare and ride are superior to anything else I have ever played in the past, both feel and sound wise, but at this point I must say that both the Roland td20 and td12 have better hihat and kick solutions; I never had any problems there.
I really hope that these problems with the hihat and kick will be fixed soon.
Otherwise the 2box kit is great!