News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

attention genuine human drummers trying to register on the forum!

Started by UC, May 10, 2011, 11:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UC

Are you human? Are you a drummer? Have you had your registration for the forum rejected?
If so, I'm sorry.  :'(

I'm trying to work out the real ones...But we're getting constantly bombarded with hundreds of fake spammer registrations, and I'm automating a lot of the banlist operations now.

So if your registration didn't work out send me an email:

human_bean  {at}  2box -forum {dot} com

Tell me your username, and your favourite drummer, and I'll let you in.

Once again, apologies, this seems ridiculous, but there's not a lot else I can do about it.
cheers
UCs

ddrum4se

UCs,

Not sure you can get a drummer who is human......but.....I mentioned on the spammer thread, that I am an admin at another forum, and we check the IP address and user name against Stop Forum Span - if they don`t pass, we zap them straight away - I guess you do something similar, but just mentioning it in case it helps.

UC

Hey ddrum4se, yeah I did see that and I implemented it - thanks, it's been really helpful - but I still have to vet the registrations (and wade through the emails the server sends me everytime!).

Maybe the orange colouring attracts the cretins in greater numbers :)

nonoduweb

Quote from: UC on May 16, 2011, 03:35:56 PM

All the members of this orange forum will be happy to know that... :D

ddrum4se

Quote from: UC on May 16, 2011, 03:35:56 PM
Hey ddrum4se, yeah I did see that and I implemented it - thanks, it's been really helpful - but I still have to vet the registrations (and wade through the emails the server sends me everytime!).

Yeah - that`s true. We have 8 admins to share the load, but it still takes a lot of time and effort to keep them out.......

Some register and spam within the first minute of being in the community......a real pain! 

KonaNeil

There appears to be a problem with the above address or possibly the provider. Four days after sending, I received the following from RoadRunner, my provider:

>>This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:

Your message was not delivered because the destination computer was
not reachable within the allowed queue period.  The amount of time
a message is queued before it is returned depends on local configura-
tion parameters.

Most likely there is a network problem that prevented delivery, but
it is also possible that the computer is turned off, or does not
have a mail system running right now.

Your message was not delivered within 4 days and 0 hours.
Host 2box.com is not responding.

The following recipients did not receive this message:
     <human_bean@2box.com><<

UC

Hey everyone, I'm really sorry if anyone was trying to email the "human_bean" address above - I should have said @ 2box-forum.com (left off the forum bit). Should work now - backlog of member activations has been cleared too.

Thanks
Your Absentee Administrator :)