News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Drop clutch adapted to hihat pad

Started by juan, July 17, 2011, 12:17:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juan

Hi people, this could be useful for someone, I successfully adapted a drop clutch to the hihat pad, it's a Pearl DCL-300P ( http://www.pearleurope.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=120&ColorID=0&Action=Link )

I don't know how other brands/models of clutches are made, but I suspect they should be similar enough to do this.

In addition to the drop clutch, I used a couple of nuts and part of a chair's wheels (now I have a lame chair),  sure some of you can find a better way and better materials to do this, I just took what I had around.

Tools I used: a drill to make a hole in the center of the wheel and a hex key remove the original piece of the controller and adjust the new one.

This modification can be reversed easily, non of the original pieces needs to be altered. 

Please, be VERY careful if you do this, it is very easy to mess up the controller because you'll be working very close to the hihat's hall sensor.

Because an image says more than a thousand words (and my english isn't good enough for decent explanations) I think next photos are all you need to understand what I did, if not, I'll be here to clarify anything.

Again, be very careful please.