News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Use brushes with drumit five

Started by patbat, September 02, 2009, 08:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patbat

Does anyone know if the drumit five supports brushes ?
If yes, can I generate continuous brush sound if I sweep the pad with a brush in circle motion ?   

Travis182

I remember reading somewhere, have no idea where now, that you can but only if you turn the sensitivity up pretty high. I'm also not 100% that this has been fully tested yet so don't hold me to that one.

puttenvr

And there is a very, very good brush-snare drum sample which you can play with your sticks and has some ''brush'' techniques.

UC

Aye, that brushed kit sounds great - can't wait to get that kit through some crazy pumping compression for some jazzy trip-hop grooves :)

patbat

OK, the brushkit sounds great, but can I play it
with nylon brushes or do I have to play it with sticks ?

Thank you.

UC

I suppose you could play with brushes (with the gain turned up like Puttenvr says), but I doubt the 2box brain will pick up on the 'granular' effect of the brush itself.

As far as I can tell / hear, the brushed sounds have been designed to respond to a stick roll technique, but still sound like the 'swish' of a brush.

I think you'll get the best response from some nice light sticks (like maple 7a's).

I've heard that wood-tipped sticks are not good for mesh-heads, so it's worth getting some nylon-tipped sticks.