News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Record from Drumit5 to computer

Started by hwasser, September 01, 2009, 01:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hwasser

Hi, im looking forward to buy this kit in januari :) .. But I have a question:

Im having a fireface400 and will record the drums from the audio outputs (the 6 output + headphone which is said to be extra L+R right?). The Fireface 400 have totaly 8 inputs, and im using some of the inputs right now, so avoĆ­d having to switch the cables all the times i'm planning on buying an  extra 8 input A/D to the ADAT input. How much do the A/D quality attach to the Drumit5 module sounds? If im buying a Behringer ADA8000, will i loose much of the quality vs the A/D in the fireface400?

wbrs

I believe you will slave the ADA8000 clock to the fireface which will improve the conversion considerably compared to it's own clock. I have heard that you can get decent sound on those extra channels. I think there are preamps too in the ADA8000.

wbrs

When you connect the out puts of the module to your fireface you don't need a preamplifier the drumit five sends a strong signal to your interface. With ADA8000 if I am not mistaken does not provide a way to bypass their preamps so you have to gain stage carefully so you don't degrade your signal.