News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

DRUMIT FIVE EDITOR 1.0.1 problem (!?)

Started by ginettine, April 11, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ginettine

Hi, at all of members of this community.
In these days, I try to make my .dsdn series of kick, snare, and toms!
I use a sequencer ( I have samplitude 8!) to made a series of crescents (in terms of volume!) midi hits from 0 to 127, to play a vst.
After in S Forge (first I records a wav )I made an automated tricks to transform the single wav files in 127 single hit wav files.
Finally I import manually (very time cunsuming!) these files in the Editor, and I create the .dsdn file to transfer via usb to brain.
When I play these sound, soon I noted that the sound are no good as the 2Box sound.
I have imported some of the original 2box .dsnd in SF, and I noted that the numbs of layers are less than mine, but (strange thing) when i imported my dsdn files in SF I noted that they sound different in terms of tone (timbre!) than my original wav, and somethimes there are strange hiss, glitch and others faults!
Pherhaps when the Editor made a dsdn file something go wrong!? (I don't have any error message!).
Other question, I have imported the dsdn Nasvall snare drum, and if I remember correctly at the end of the file there are the rimshots series of decrescent hits, how I can even made the same thing with my snare sounds?
Many thanks

edtc

hi

have a look at DSOUNDTOOL , it s an alternative  software to create dsounds ... i think there is a way to import directly your bounced wav file as one , and the editor split an sorts the file automatically...

for the strange sound quality , i see what you mean , there must be something in the file compression that creates artefacts ... some people asked for this problem sometimes here , but we never got an answear on this from the developers ...

nonoduweb

Quote from: ginettine on April 11, 2011, 07:14:48 PM
Other question, I have imported the dsdn Nasvall snare drum, and if I remember correctly at the end of the file there are the rimshots series of decrescent hits, how I can even made the same thing with my snare sounds?

You can make only single zone files with the 2box editor at this time (zone3: center of the pad); with Dsoundtool you can add the zone8 samples (rim) in your dsnd file.