News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

DrumIt Five OS 1.20m beta

Started by Deve Loper, April 04, 2011, 08:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deve Loper

Hi.

Wednesday the Frankfurt Music Messe will open. There we will show the new OS 1.20. I thought I give you a beta preview. Please download here:

www.2box.se/Downloads/drumit120m.bin

Make sure you read the changes file first:

www.2box.se/Downloads/OS_1.20m_beta.pdf

Also, please leave suggestions in this (!) thread. I've followed the wish list and I know there are lots of things left to do. More after the messe.

Enjoy,

Deve.

ps. Please note that at startup it will display 1.11, that's because it's not a full 1.20 yet.

Cuban

Excellent news - off to check it out - thank you!  8)

rythm

Great news, Mr Looper! I´ll probably wait til the full version comes out, but I´m happy to see the improvements. Keep up the good work!  :)

Cuban

Some initial feedback on some areas that I have looked at.

1) The Kit EQ, very nice to tweak some samples that were 'not quite there' to my hearing.  8)

2) The Flanger makes for some interesting sounds.

3) The Metronome 1/4 bar is very useful to have.

4) Kit Swap finally, I will be able to file my own kits quickly and easily.

5) The Hi hat pedal Parameters. I am not sure if this is working as it should (perhaps it is me?)
Firstly the calibration didn't seem to obtain the correct settings and the sound at a lightly open point went watery (for want of a better phrase?)

One area I am now having a problem with is, ironically, cymbals!  :-\
I am currently working with non 2Box cymbals and the SW change throws the Smartrigger totally off.
I am getting all bow and no edge. These are dual trigger cymbals, so perhaps this is why but unless I am able to tweak the settings, this would render these third party cymbals unusable, perhaps not a good thing....

I have tried a number of things to correct this, but so far without success.
I appreciate third party cymbals do not come under the scope of the work your are doing for 2Box products, but would you have any suggestions?

That's about it for now from me on first run through.

My only wish list item not mentioned yet - positional sensing on the snare.... will that be in the final release of 1.20?

Jman

Quote from: Cuban on April 04, 2011, 11:23:23 PM
5) The Hi hat pedal Parameters. I am not sure if this is working as it should (perhaps it is me?)
Firstly the calibration didn't seem to obtain the correct settings and the sound at a lightly open point went watery (for want of a better phrase?)

One area I am now having a problem with is, ironically, cymbals!  :-\
I am currently working with non 2Box cymbals and the SW change throws the Smartrigger totally off.
I am getting all bow and no edge. These are dual trigger cymbals, so perhaps this is why but unless I am able to tweak the settings, this would render these third party cymbals unusable, perhaps not a good thing....

I have tried a number of things to correct this, but so far without success.
I appreciate third party cymbals do not come under the scope of the work your are doing for 2Box products, but would you have any suggestions?

That's about it for now from me on first run through.
I think the HH and the cymbals seem to work a bit better for me...
The Hi hat movement/response seems more natural and improved.
Could be just me, but with all my trigger parameters set as they were before the new OS the bell seems to be more reliable on the cymbals and ride... it seems a little easier to trigger the bell now.
I didn't see anything in the PDF about cymbal performance improvement, but it seems so...  Or maybe I am just imagining it.... maybe it is like how your car seems to run better after a carwash ;D
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

nonoduweb

What a cool morning!! I will test this as soon as possible!

Cuban

Quote from: Jman on April 05, 2011, 01:48:21 AM
I think the HH and the cymbals seem to work a bit better for me...
Are your custom builds all triple zone Jerry?

fishmonkey

haven't tried it out yet, but there are some very useful enhancements in the new firmware, thanks!

Jman

Quote from: Cuban on April 05, 2011, 10:11:34 AM
Are your custom builds all triple zone Jerry?

Graham: Yes. But I redesigned the system for Drumit 5, piezo is in the bell. That might be the difference. I did just test one of my normal 2 zone cymbals that are closer to the Smartrigger 2 zone...  my edge works with that too. With gain too high I got only bell plus edge, with gain at 0 I got only bow plus edge ... with gain around 7 I get 3 zones .... not sure if that will help, but try adjusting gain and threshold. Also, make sure your pad type is Cymbal 14 or 12 ...  Things you already know, but just thinking out loud... J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Cuban

Thanks Jerry

I did run through those paramiters last night, but will try again later, reverted to OS1.10 for the moment.
I seem to recall one cymbal that is running via the Tom 3 in put (only using a 5 drum kit) would not allow me to select a cymbal setting (Cymbal 12 or 14), that also may be an issue.

I have some splitters on route, so they may also aid my own personal set up required for this band.

Dagger

The new EQ feature is great! Makes some of the samples come alive. Also the "Mix" page is much better and easy to read now.

I have heard rumors of support for sound compression (my memory card is 98% full), is this planned or just a rumor?

Will there also be an update of the editor?

Cheers!

spoenk

ride works better, crash seems to have forgotten how to differentiate between bow and edge??

EQ is great, but not too much use on the kit level! what about on the sound level?? so far i can set the EQ for one sound in the kit and not use it on the others, which is an improvement - no question - but still a little limiting :)

nonoduweb

The eq is a very good improvement.
Xtrig: now there is no crosstalk between rim and pad!
Possibility to change kit number with a pad: useful.

I haven't seen any difference with the ride. And no bug.
;D

rudiman

Have some trouble with the new os:

1> i have a crash sound assigned to tom 4 input, but with the new os its only the bell sound that is  heard.  The bell sound is also heard when i hit the button 4 on the module?

2> When i stroke a pad in kit mode, the assigned channel is not switched to the current pad. So if i want to change a sample i have to use the padbuttons on the module.

Cuban

Quote from: rudiman on April 07, 2011, 01:28:13 PM
Have some trouble with the new os:

1> i have a crash sound assigned to tom 4 input, but with the new os its only the bell sound that is  heard.  The bell sound is also heard when i hit the button 4 on the module?
That's the problem I mentioned above, so perhaps it is not a third party cymbal issue?