News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Hihat problem Return spring way too weak

Started by Funkstation777, March 08, 2011, 04:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funkstation777

Hi people,

after having a pretty  >:( >:( >:( time with trying to get a semi open hihat sound - we found out, that the hihat-return spring, which isn't adjustable (or is it and I am a damn idiot??) is way too weak, so when the hihat got hit
in the semi open position, the pedal goes down because of the missing tension of the spring.

We checked out a Hihat pedal from Mapex with an adjustable return spring - and within 5 minutes everything worked out really fine.

So my suggestion to all users - especially the ones who had to change from acoustic drums to e-drums - get a
"real" hihat machine if you want to make groovy semi open/closed/chicken Hihat moves.

This may not be suitable for all drummers - if you  look at Paul Hindmarsh (who isn't a drummer at all - he started
with e-drums) e-drummers, who like the "onboard" 2box Pedal, and never have played real Hihats, don't feel offended  ;D ;D ;D - all the problems with the hihat lead me to more knowledge about cool things like dsoundtool,
settings, etc. - my appreciation to all of you

Cheers,
Andrew van der Funken

p929

Thx Andrew for the hint. It's a well know issue here. Either you have the MKII or MKI you gotta better hardware, i.e. Hi hat, kick pedal, cymbal stands, snare stand (for MKI).

IMHO the hugest mistake is the impossibility to adapt a new clutch for the hi hat