News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

some clips from a demo kit

Started by UC, August 18, 2009, 10:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UC

Evening all
Went back down to Wembley Drum Centre and the good folks let me have another session, this time with a little netbook and tascam outboard soundcard with me.

Had a freaking great time :D

Here's some clips - except for a few fade-outs here and there and some cack-handed attempts at removing some nasty clicks that were caused by a slow hard drive or something, there's no EQ, reverb, compression, nuttin' altering the sound coming out of the brain except for maybe the 'mp3 effect'...

groove1
heavy1
heavy2
oddball
oddfunk
percs of the job
solo attempt
this and that
dark and nasty
d '_'  b
dribble in

I didn't really have time to do too much adjusting of the kit, so you'll probably notice some (mostly unintentional!) flamming of the kick - shoulda loosened that puppy up, as I play mine flabby :)

Oh and I lost the pieceof paper with the kit names on relating to the clips, so I had to make up the names...Will try to put names to clips at some point.

Travis182

Hey UC that is great mate, thanks a lot for taking the time to do this. I especially like the solo clip as I think that really shows off how great the sounds are in this kit. The toms really sound amazing. Would you say the more you play the kit the better it gets?

Cheers again;)

UC

Hey man, thanks - it was a real hardship playing on it for an hour...I only got to Kit 33 by the time they were turning off the lights in the shop :)

The more I play the 2box the more I can't wait to get mine home - it's got this weird habit of being simultaeously amazing to play, but at the same time showing up he lazy/ bad technique that my DDrum 4 let me get away with for too long :)

I've honestly got no doubt I'm going to become a better drummer once I've put in some proper hours with it, and spent time setting it up for my weirdly deformed shape :D

HM

Some weeks ago I tested the pre-production kit in Helsinki. It didn't have the final sounds and software, but nevertheless it sounded amazing. Especially the toms were just unbeliveable. They felt so real, with all that dynamics and how the sound changes when you hit them very lightly. I'm gonna love this set when I get it. Or actually I love it already.  :D The hi-hat didn't work very well, but as this was not the final customer version, and probably not calibrated perfectly, I'm not worried at all.

Ten minutes later I went to a neighbouring shop to try the Roland TD-9KX with VH-11 (because this is something that costs about the same as 2box). I was very surprised at how artificial the TD-9 sounded. I remember last time I played TD-9 I found it quite nice. Now I couldn't find a single kit in TD-9 I would've liked to play for a longer time. The 2box sounds, even the not final ones were ultimately better, I think.