News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Cymbal broken

Started by TB, February 08, 2011, 10:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TB

Hi!
I've just gotten my 2Box drumkit today. Sounds are pretty good and everything seemed stable. But after testing a few of the kits, I went on with playing a song and after the first few hits one of the cymbals stopped working.  :-\
Only if I hit it on the bell, I get any sound, the edge or ride do not work at all. I'm really angry, the drumkit didn't even last 5 minutes and is already broken.  >:(
Did anyone experience the same failure and know how to fix it on my own? As i have foolishly bought my drumkit in spain to save a few euros, it would take a lot of time to sent it back, so it would rather try to repair it own my own. Argh, i hope i won't need to change one of the pads every few months.

Thanks in advance and best regards
TB

hwasser

Hello, look under the rubber on the edge of the cymbal, see if one of the metalstrips touches the metalplate, if one of them does, try to bend the metalstrip up a little little bit, so it dont touch the metalplate.

Daniel

i had the same with my hihat and it was just a tiny cable loose. just remove the screws on the gray part of the back of the cymbal and you`ll see.

TB

Thank you guys.
You was right Danny, the short red cable got loose. It just needs to be soldered on again. Shouldn't take too long and i can continue drumming. :)