News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

How to record the kit multichannel

Started by Daniel, December 28, 2010, 01:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

hi !

today i got my alesis ai 3 (ADAT channel extension for my interface) and i got all the cables.

i already tried it out but i am even more confused and the 2box manual wont really help me.

first of all i would like to know how many output channels does the kit have?

is it only 1+2,3+4,5+6? i dont get what that phone output is all about (7+8) ?

what i am trying to do is do record the 2box in as many as possible, seperate channels.

i have 8 inputs in my inteface.

is it possible for example to record one channel for hihat, one for kick, one for snare, two for all toms and two for all cymbals?

Manfred

Generally the kit has 6 Line outputs but the phone-output can be used as additional 2 line outputs.

At the UNIT-NODE page you can assign any input-channel (pads/cymbals) to any BUS.

Bus 3+4 is routed to outputs 3+4 and bus 5+6 is routed to output 5+6. At the UNIT-OUT page you can choose what is routed to output 1+2. In your case you should set it to "1+2!". The exclamation mark means that the output level is fixed.

At the same page you can also choose what the phones output is used for. In your case simply set it to "7+8!" and you have two more outputs. Then you can use all 8 inputs of your interface.

Please see the manual page 27 (UNIT-NODE) and 28 (UNIT-OUTPUT) for more details.

http://2box.se/Downloads/DrumIt-User-Manual.pdf

Manfred

Edit:

is it possible for example to record one channel for hihat, one for kick, one for snare, two for all toms and two for all cymbals?

Yes, thats possible as described above!

Daniel

thank you!

i found it out by myself already.next time i shoulnd be so impatiend, haha.but its great, you really can have 8 individual outs!

cheers,
dan

nengstro

Then I have a follow up question for you..... 

How do get a signal in mono, lets say snare on ch 1 and kick on ch2?  From what I read here you assign a drum channel to a bus 1+2 or 3+4...i.e. a stereo pair only?

p929

Quote from: nengstro on March 08, 2011, 05:31:38 PM
Then I have a follow up question for you..... 

here you assign a drum channel to a bus 1+2 or 3+4...i.e. a stereo pair only?

You can assign them to individual mono channels, i.e. bus 1 or bus 2, but also if you need you can assign a stereo bus like 1+2.

I hope it helps.