News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

showcase your kit!

Started by drummer81, December 22, 2010, 06:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Descalabro

Hi All,

This is my 2box Kit... I used the original Hi-Hat stand to fix the shaky bass drum pad

CrazyDrummer

Hi Friends,

Old setup (2010 + 2011 ) Yamaha Dtxtreme IIs + Roland SPD-s

New setup 2012
My live setup, the 2 box with a little bit of Dtxtreme IIs

reekster

Reek's 2Box Kit

Additions and upgrades
Added 1 Cymbal and Two Toms
DW Boom arm for Snare pad (Frees up floor space for Line 6 M-9)
Line 6 M9 Multi-Effetcs pedal and looper
Mackie 1402 Mixer
Yamaha DTX Multi-12
DW 5000 Double Pedal
DW 2 leg Hi-Hat stand
DW Cymbal Arm
Drastik Plastic QuadraPad (On front of kit, plugged into Multi-12
Keith McMillen 12 Step Midi controller (Not seen) for extra percussion and tuned sounds.

edtc

Quote from: reekster on December 18, 2012, 12:45:51 AM
Reek's 2Box Kit

Drastik Plastic QuadraPad 

what s this ?   and i cant see any pic ...   

MXduet

beppedrum

My Jobeky kit with 2box module and hi-hat

Murgen

Quote from: beppedrum on December 18, 2012, 05:48:18 PM

My Jobeky kit with 2box module and hi-hat

Very nice ... in Dutch *kwijl* !!  :rock:
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

waxdass

this is my studio room. Pretty much done except for some monitors.

Running an 8 channel Lexicon IO82 interface and a DW 9000 Hi-Hat stand.

eyerichards

Well here goes my first attempt at putting up some photos of my gigging 2box setup. As you can see from the photos (hopefully) It's a bit of a Frankenstein kit. I'm using A Taye Go kit bass drum with a ddrum trigger refinished in Orange Sparkle with the old snare bar from my MK1 rack to mount the toms and 2 cymbals on. The holes at each end of the bar were the perfect size to fit some Taye cymbal arms. I constructed a snare stand from some bits of a Gibralter rack I had lying around and a snare basket from a no name standing snare stand. It was the only way I could get the snare to sit were I wanted it and not get in the way of the Sleishman double pedal I'm using. A couple of my DDRUM 4 cymbal pads round out the setup one as a splash the other as A sidestick/percussion sound pad.Most of my gigs seem to be in places with rediculously small stages so this kit seems to work well for taking up as little space as possible whilst still giving me plenty of things to hit
http://www.flickr.com/photos/93461767@N05/8499385715/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/93461767@N05/8499385737/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/93461767@N05/8499385597/

thrash4life

Howdy folks! I've got to award major props to Jman for his stealthtrigger setup that I installed on a set of ZBTs. No doubt cutting the vinyl which adheres to the cymbals for dampening takes patience and endurance, but the trigger installation itself is a cinch! And if you know your way around the 2Box interface, tweaking your settings, starting with the recommended baseline Jman provides takes just a few minutes to get the right feel and response. If only Manfred would get to building the 2Box hihat boards my cymbal setup would be complete!

asmwilliams

New owner in Alberta, Canada here.   Just got 'er all set up, loving it so far!

Pearl EXL Kit
14x5.5" Snare
10"x8" Tom
12"x9" Tom
14"x11" Tom
20"x18" Kick

Billy Blast Triple Ply Heads
Billy Blast Trigger Set

Tama Iron Cobra Double Kick
Tama Stage Master HH Stand

Audio Technica ATH-M50 Headphones

I'll be putting together the external SD card modification shortly and loading it up with some new samples.  Very excited to start playing around with that too!

I live on the third floor in an apartment complex and was worried about kick pedal vibration, so I got some foam matting from a local hardware store, put down a couple layers and started hammering away!  Didn't quite do it, neighbor could still hear so I adjusted the bass drum prong thingies (not sure what they're actually called) to hold the front of the kick drum up, put three cut up layers of foam under the heel and toe of each kick pedal, and it seems to be doing well so far!  Just thought I'd mention that for those of you who are in apartments as well, ended up being much cheaper than the tennis ball platforms everybody else is building, though not nearly as attractive I must say.  Photos of that below

rudimetsak

2BOX DRUMIT5 MK2,Pearl D-1000 drumthrone with backrest gibraltar and TAMA HP200 bass drum pedal.Headphones:akg-77,Drumsticks:Wincent 55 Fusion XL

Murgen

Nice kits! Tempting to post mine (again). I'm close in adding a Zildjian Gen16 to my setup. It will improve my hihat skills and 2 extra cymbals. :). Wisest thing is to wait for the announced improved gen's in June. But is a drummer a wise man?
--------

edcito

Quote from: Murgen on March 29, 2013, 09:48:09 PM
Nice kits! Tempting to post mine (again). I'm close in adding a Zildjian Gen16 to my setup. It will improve my hihat skills and 2 extra cymbals. :). Wisest thing is to wait for the announced improved gen's in June. But is a drummer a wise man?

Get 'em while they are on sale! The new pickups will be available for purchase separately, the cymbals will be the same as the current ones.

Here is my Kit, it consists of roland pads, roland hardware, tama hardware, 1 Drumtec diabolo 12" snare in silver sparkle, a couple of kit toys cymbals and the most important piece, the orange brain. I'm considering a 2box cymbal to replace my cy15 so I can have 3 zones.

Murgen

Just bought a 480 gen16 package. Pic's will follow!
--------