News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

where to buy Nut removal tool ( 14 mm ) for SD Card Replacement

Started by rcprod, December 09, 2010, 12:09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcprod

Hello,

Can someone tell me where they purchased the Nut removal tool ( 14 mm ) that is required to open the Drumit module.

I would also appreciate a picture of this tool which may help me track one down. I was not able to find anything after doing several searches on the web.

Thanks!

rcprod

lol.....why didn't I think of that.

Did you use the tip of the pliers and place them within two of the notches of the nut, or did you grab the "rounded" edge of the nut with the main part of the pliers?

rudiman

QuoteDid you use the tip of the pliers and place them within two of the notches of the nut
Yep

fishmonkey

Quote from: rcprod on December 09, 2010, 12:09:26 AM
Can someone tell me where they purchased the Nut removal tool ( 14 mm ) that is required to open the Drumit module.

I would also appreciate a picture of this tool which may help me track one down. I was not able to find anything after doing several searches on the web.

it seems to be a rather uncommon kind of 6-point spline nut.

rcprod

I guess my question wasn't very clear. I will try again.

I am trying to purchase the proper tool that is required to remove the nut that goes around each of the 18 1/4" inputs/outputs on the back of the module.

Here is the list of tools required to take the module apart according to the 2Box website:

Tools required
1 x Torx screwdriver ( Tx 10 ). (I have this)
1 x Phillips screwdriver. (I've seen this elusive tool somewhere....oh, yeah, my tool kit....heh, heh.)
1 x Nut removal tool ( 14 mm ). (This is the one I am looking for. Perhaps this is not for the nut that holds the 1/4" inputs/outputs in place? What did you guys use besides a pair of pliers. Would be nice to use the proper tool.)

Thanks.

Slap the drummer

Hey nonoduweb that is funny!!  :D

rcprod: or you could try googling "hex socket set", you should find plenty to choose from.  I couldn't wait though
so I used pliers as well.

jopes

I just used my fingernails. They werent that hard to remove, at least for me. Maybe they were loosened after i unscrew all the other screws?

rcprod

Thanks for your input everyone. I ended up using the tire lug wrench from my Mazda 3.    ;D

Basically a small pair of pliers like those pictured above did the job. (Thanks Rudiman)

First time playing the new kit last night. I am impressed. The overall package is great, including the light in the bass drum.

Next thing is to sell my TD-20 module and mesh pads.

Cheers!