News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Videos needed ! Especially for MKII...

Started by adamsprinkler, December 02, 2010, 12:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slap the drummer

Quote from: Mopsi on February 04, 2011, 10:15:12 AM
Here is a new one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrACpo7aonA

But have a look at the beater in action (at 2:44 mark) !!
He's not really pulling the beater back off the head (as far as I can see), and you can see the
extra motion after the initial strike - but I don't hear any extra triggering.

It's the same on mine except the ball "buzzes" against the head when I play like that and I get
more of a press stroke  :(

Mopsi

All my Kickpad trigger Probs has gone, since i put the beater a little bit down. No its about 1cm over the triggerpoint and i have no more double triggers.

Best wishes
Mopsi

Slap the drummer

Hi Mopsi - do you mean with a Mk1?  I guess you must since your sensor must be in the middle....
so, have you kept all the foam inserts in place as well?
I know Fishmonkey said as well how crucial beater placement is and I must admit I havn't really
experimented yet -- but I am going to now!

cheers
:drum3:

AA_

sound demo, kit 10 ("Grace Night Club").
recorded using iMovie (webcam) without post-processing.

Slap the drummer

Re Night Clubbing - good demo there AA!  Is that a standard Mkii hihat you have, it looks different to mine?

AA_

Quote from: Slap the drummer on March 01, 2011, 11:12:32 AM
Re Night Clubbing - good demo there AA!  Is that a standard Mkii hihat you have, it looks different to mine?

drum-tec DeLuxe HiHat Stand HS-921F

rcprod

Nice job AA.

My hi-hat sounds like it double triggers a bit when I close the hi-hats with my foot to get the "chick" sound. I notice the the hi-hat mechanism moves up and down a bit rather than staying flat/still all of the time. Any suggestions for settings within the module or how someone else may have gotten around the movement of the hi-hat mechanism from 2Box?

edtc

Quote from: Mopsi on March 06, 2011, 04:20:04 PM
Here is another one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnCZqfUxGtw
nice video ... the guy shows quickly how cymbals are built when he takes off the rubber , inerresting for non 2BOX users